Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Registered Users
I have two of the older radians, and one of the new diono r100 (?) I live them. not the easiest to install, but rock solid once in.

Lora, blessed to be a wife to Aaron- 11 years and a Mom to DD Ella-7, DD Ava-5, Olivia-3, Weston-1
I sell SCENTSY!!!Labor and delivery resources HERE
doulamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: who has a radian??

Originally Posted by Ashlovespat View Post
We have 2, and I guess I love them...they last my peanuts of children a really long time. I do really love that they have a low profile and lots of legroom. We have installed them with no issue into a 2000 suburban with a seatbelt and now our 2009 Kia van with LATCH and have never had issues of it loosening.
you guess, lol not too convincing

so some people say u like the low profile....thats kind of what i dont like about it

i like how the advocate sticks out more it seems like that gives it more side impact protection on the body, kwim?
***Zainna*** CD addict, co-sleeping, BFing, BABY LOVING MAMA to the loves of my life Anora 9/9/09 & Titan 1/1/12 , and crazy in love with my other half Tristan since 12/22/06
Earthy Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Love them! They fit nice and are very sturdy. We rf in the center, but because of the height it might be a challenge on the outboard. Love that they are narrow, but still roomy and I like the low profile. DD can get herself in and out of the seat no problem! Worth the money imo! I wish I would have started out with one.
Christian family. Psalm 63:3-4 "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."
nebraskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
We have had our Radian 80 for 4 years now & still love it. Rf installs had a learning curve, but I really like ours. Now that my ds is 4 and is ff, I think I kind of like his nautilus better though he can buckle himself in it and it has cupholders... He spills drinks a lot in his radian!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
Registered Users

Weve had a bunch and have never had an easy install in multiple cars. Many hours of my life have been spent sweating and cussing over radians in the past three years. After using a few more seats i realized what a difference an easy seat makes. Our new nautilus for example i installed in 3 vehicles and took maybe a minute each time. The harness adjuster is so smooth i dont have sore shoulders from tugging.

I dont think i would ever get another one unless i had a really heavy todler like a pp said. I really hate them. That being said, dd was always super comfy even at 4 years old and 42 inches tall with legs like a gazelle lol! So much leg room.
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had one and I didn't love it. I didn't hate it either though. It was just sort of "whatever" to me.

We didn't have a hard time with install but the seat in front of it had to be quite forward for the seat to fit. We had a minivan so it wasn't THAT big of an issue but I didn't really like it. I also didn't like the recline rear facing on it. But I guess that is the price you pay.

I loved how long you can use it rear facing but I think if I could find a seat that was more upright rear facing I would love that more.

Our seat was in a minor accident and we had to replace it. DS was within a few pounds of outgrowing it rear facing so we just went with a Frontier instead and I cried the first few times driving him around in it.

Bottom line for me is I am not going to get another Radian for the next child. The things that I like about it don't outweigh the negative things for me. I am really praying for the US testers to get a floor to their carseat testing sled so we can get more of the european designs in this country but until then I may just have to go to Europe to get a new carseat when the next little one outgrows an infant seat.
Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hate them. The XTSL I had had the WORST harness adjuster. I simply could not tighten the thing and I was a CPST, so I know seats! Then there are all the weird things you have to do with it. The Safestop thing, needing an angle adjuster(which you can't use before a year), SL loosening issue, on and on and on. Too many rules and crappy CS.
Jacky, CPST and wife to Tim
Mama to my little red heads, Kenzie (5) and Maverick (3)Currently boycotting using the potty EVER
jackyl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
Registered Users

I have one and my 10 month old son seems to love it. He hated being in his infant seat. Now when he is tired and refusing to nap I will sometimes put him in his carseat and go for a ride. He falls right to sleep. We have a dodge Durango and I had no trouble installing it. As it is in the center I don't think the low sides will be an issue in a side impact collision. I like the level of incline. For my son it sits just right. Not so upright he his head flops forward when he sleeps and not so far back he looks like he is laying down. Ours came with a cup holder and more can be bought if we want to put up to 4 on the seat so that also isn't a problem. The head wings do tend to slide down though. Except for
The price that is the only issue I might have with the seat.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
Registered Users

I have a RadianXT. I love it and I hate it. I love that my son is very comfortable and it will keep him RF for a very long time (4-5 years at the rate my kids grow). I HATE that it is so hard to adjust the harness tightness when it's rear facing. It's a racheting harness adjuster, not a smooth one, and I hate it.

It can be hard to install in some cars, but it works very well in mine.
Child Passenger Safety Technician- Instructor
DS1 - 8 DS2 - 7 DS3 - 3
SurroBaby born: 11/04/13
genevievej84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
Registered Users

I have had three and hated them. The first was a Radian80 when they first came out. It was awesome in our Jeep and then we got a minivan and it was horrible in it so I sold it. The straps were also impossible to tighten.

I bought two more when I downsized from the minivan to a small SUV, and yep still hate them. It installed well in our Explorer, but in the SUV I bought it for, it's incompatible RF. I sold one of them and the other one is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote