Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Loved them but got super tired of all the manual conflicting information.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
Re: who has a radian??

i have 3 & i do like them. if i had my choice tho. i would perfer the CA65. those were my fav but i cnt fit 3 in my bk seat. 06 dodge grand caravan. the radians r the only carseats i can do a 3 across w/ easily. ff,rf, or a lil of both. in my bk row i have 2 rf & 1 ff. when the baby turns 1 she will go in my 5yr old seat (rf) & my 5yr old will go in my middle row. next to my 8yr old. (my 8yr old is in a frountier85 we will b getting one for r 5 yr old too )

oh i forgot to add i have the radian65

Last edited by moms5angels; 04-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I have one for my 2 year old I love how sturdy it is and it's tall he will rear face to at least 4 in my van it over reclines I got a angle adjuster and it helps I liked it better in the Dodge Caravan I had in my new van my Daughters Complete Air is a better fit
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

love/hate. The latch is super lose, so we seatbelt install...it barely fits in our car rfing but it does. We don't move it, we have other seats to move if needed because the radian is a pitb imo. Don't like the harness adjuster one bit (mine is a sk though, heard they changed) There are so many rules! I do love the legroom and low profile...compared to the radian, dd looks more squished in everything else. I know this doesn't matter but still.

I didn't know you couldn't use the aa before a yr...I would have so I'm glad I read this.

Last edited by solarbabies; 04-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a 2007 Radian65 that I was just "eh" about. It did it's job as a seat to stick in a three across arrangement, but it seemed like the slots for the harness were so close together that they laid weird against his neck and I hated the short crotch strap. It was a 33 lb. RFing limit version, too, which I wasn't entirely thrilled with.

After much debate, I ended up getting an XTSL when we were ready to move Leo out of his bucket, fearing that I would end up not really loving it, but also fearing him outgrowing the RFing weight sooner than I was comfortable with. (He's 31 lb at 18 months, and was even higher on the growth charts back when we bought it.) Now I'm glad that we did. I love not having to lift the chunker over high sides, it installed really easily in my van and in the couple rental cars we've used it in, and he seems comfortable in it. The only con this time around has been lugging it around airports - that thing is heavy beyond belief (but has earned remarks from TSA agents at the carry-on screening booths about it looking like the best-made seats they've ever seen).
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am really praying for the US testers to get a floor to their carseat testing sled so we can get more of the european designs in this country but until then I may just have to go to Europe to get a new carseat when the next little one outgrows an infant seat.
Sorry to hijack, OP, but I know nothing about carseats outside the US and am curious. Would anyone care to elaborate on the floor aspect? Thanks.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
love/hate. The latch is super lose, so we seatbelt install...it barely fits in our car rfing but it does. We don't move it, we have other seats to move if needed because the radian is a pitb imo. Don't like the harness adjuster one bit (mine is a sk though, heard they changed) There are so many rules! I do love the legroom and low profile...compared to the radian, dd looks more squished in everything else. I know this doesn't matter but still.

I didn't know you couldn't use the aa before a yr...I would have so I'm glad I read this.
r u talking about the CA? i have seen them in the stores. (sears here) the new ones now have an infant inserts that lifts them up higher. ive never used them on a newborn. so idk how much better of a fit they r. i used the CA65 w/ my kids who were 1 & 2 @ the time b4 the infant inserts were out. what i do know is on the CA w/o the insert there deff to big for a newbie. (again i never used them w/ the neborn insert )
Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #28
2angels2love
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have one and I love it because:

1. It will last my DS for forever. Seriously, he could rear face in this thing until probably 5-6.

2. It installs great in my car.

3. Low profile sides. I had a Myride before, and a marathon before that. It is such a pain to hoist my kid (even though he's smaller) over the sides of a car seat. I hit his poor head so many times trying to get him in. And my car doesn't have small doors.

4. It's narrowness, of course. I can do 3 across in my Ford Flex with just about anything.

5. The sturdiness of the seat. It's a beast, but that makes my mama fears about crashing a tiny bit better, lol.

6. My kid loves it too. He seems very comfortable in it and has plenty of leg room.

Now, what I don't like about it:

1. It's a beast. I put it in my car, and that's where it stays, haha. I have other seats I use if we go in another car.

That's actually about all. I haven't had it for a whole long time, so I haven't had to install it in very many cars, but for my car and my hubbys truck, the install was as easy as any other seat I've had. I got my RXT from Kohl's when they were doing their BOGO 1/2 off sale and got it for around $170 ish. I'm not sure I would pay normal price for one though, unless I really needed to do 3 across. I really do like it, much better than any other seat I've had, and I've had quite a few...my DH says I have an addiction to buying car seats, lol.
2angels2love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #29
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 6 of the XTSLs (2 in each of our 3 cars). I've used them both RF and FF and with both DS1 from birth, and DD from about 4 years to present.

LOVE them....
--use from birth to 8 years old (long lifespan before expiration date)
--extended rear facing
--great for height and weight for little and big kids
--easy install
--allows me to fit 3 carseats across the back of my WRX
--crash test data posted, and they do well.
--solid construction
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma

Last edited by jenncatsmeow; 04-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #30
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
Anyways, I love everything except how the straps tighten (not one smooth motion)
Agreed!