Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

bringing in milk

Ok, i sort of stopped bfing at 3 days and dried up some of my milk, once i started wellburtin the dmer got under control and she started semi bfing at 2 weeks. It went off and on until last week or so when she really started using me as a paci. Now she has been going at it as much as possile and bfing for large chunks of time in the evening through late night. Last night she kept waking to nurse and is now eating an ounce less in her bottles (normally 3 ounces). How long would it take to get up to full supply? I dont want to pump, but i swear she is trying to get my milk in full force. Af is even on the fritz right now. It started and seems to be ending really soon and is incredibly light. Iam drinking some nursing moms tea...

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: bringing in milk

It shouldn't take too long- sounds like you are already making great progress- just let her nurse anytime she makes a peep. The same with keeping up supply. I had trouble with supply my first 2 kids (perceived trouble, mostly lack of education & confidence in reality :-)
Now my answer to every baby squawk is a boob.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Wow, sounds like you are on your way! How awesome! You could try fenugreek, blessed thistle, more milk plus, and/or domperidone just to speed the process up..seems like you are on the right track though!
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
Wow, sounds like you are on your way! How awesome! You could try fenugreek, blessed thistle, more milk plus, and/or domperidone just to speed the process up..seems like you are on the right track though!
The nursing mom tea has that all in it minus the domperidone. It also has chamomile and lavender to help if you get a queasy stomach with let downs thankfully because I do sometimes.

Thanks!