Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #121
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: *Posterior tongue ties do not exist....* Help with Ameda pump and increasing supp

you REALLY need to join the tongue tie group on face book. It how we found our dentist to cut my son lip and posterior. There IS such a thing his was bad even having the lip tie has mad a tremendous difference

http://www.facebook.com/groups/30008320854/

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #122
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Re: *Posterior tongue ties do not exist....* Help with Ameda pump and increasing supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
you REALLY need to join the tongue tie group on face book. It how we found our dentist to cut my son lip and posterior. There IS such a thing his was bad even having the lip tie has mad a tremendous difference

http://www.facebook.com/groups/30008320854/
Sent a request to join, thank you!
Lizmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #123
Huntergirlnc
Registered Users

I was told the same thing about a posterior tie...but my DD had one, at least according to the dentist who clipped it we took DD to dr. kotlow in albany, ny (we drove from NC) and had both her tongue tie and lip tie released by laser after being blown off by our pediatrician. Best. Decision. Ever. I can' t recommend Dr. kotlow and his office any more highly, they were just awesome. i can'T link to his website on my phone, sorry, but he has tons of info about breastfeeding and tongue/lip ties.
Huntergirlnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #124
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergirlnc View Post
I was told the same thing about a posterior tie...but my DD had one, at least according to the dentist who clipped it we took DD to dr. kotlow in albany, ny (we drove from NC) and had both her tongue tie and lip tie released by laser after being blown off by our pediatrician. Best. Decision. Ever. I can' t recommend Dr. kotlow and his office any more highly, they were just awesome. i can'T link to his website on my phone, sorry, but he has tons of info about breastfeeding and tongue/lip ties.
What did he charge to clip it? I know my insurance would not cover that :/
Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #125
panda18
Registered Users

I'm in Raleigh, NC. I know there are ENTs and Dentists that clip tongues here. Let me check around tomorrow and get back to you. It would only be a 3 hour one way most likely.
panda18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #126
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Dr. Kotlow charges $500 for both lip and tongue tie together - total. Southwest air is what he recommended for flying - the rates were actually cheaper than driving for us if it had been just me and DH going (we have other kids though so we drove) there is a hotel that offers discounts to his patients - I'm not sure which one because we stayed with family, but, the tongue tie support group is where I heard about it, so you might ask there.

I know it IS a lot of money, but, very very worth it. Also, should you have to return within a year for anything related to the tongue/lip tie he will not recharge you.

So nice to see mamas helping out...I'm not in a place to offer right now since we just recently went to Albany ourselves and haven't recovered yet, but, I am very happy to see mamas coming together to support you, I hope you find a way to make it work. I am pretty sure if you psot in the tongue tie support group they will also suggest doctor Kotlow
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #127
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
Dr. Kotlow charges $500 for both lip and tongue tie together - total. Southwest air is what he recommended for flying - the rates were actually cheaper than driving for us if it had been just me and DH going (we have other kids though so we drove) there is a hotel that offers discounts to his patients - I'm not sure which one because we stayed with family, but, the tongue tie support group is where I heard about it, so you might ask there.

I know it IS a lot of money, but, very very worth it. Also, should you have to return within a year for anything related to the tongue/lip tie he will not recharge you.

So nice to see mamas helping out...I'm not in a place to offer right now since we just recently went to Albany ourselves and haven't recovered yet, but, I am very happy to see mamas coming together to support you, I hope you find a way to make it work. I am pretty sure if you psot in the tongue tie support group they will also suggest doctor Kotlow
I would love to do this, but there is no way that we have the $500 to do this. Added to that, I have a new job that starts in July, and I wouldn't be able to take time off. With as busy as he is, I doubt we'd get in before then . I can't not take the job because of our money situation, and because I had to be off work the entire pregnancy because I couldn't take my normal daily meds as they weren't safe. If I could find someone closer who's significantly cheaper, then I could make squeeze it out of our budget, but it's just not looking likely at this point. I do have a message into the LLL leader here in Richmond to see if she has any ideas.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #128
lilmomma83
Registered Users

FYI - he can get you in really fast...like within a couple days. They actually were going to stay open later for us if they needed to just so we could come the day we wanted to (they still had one available though that we took)
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #129
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83 View Post
FYI - he can get you in really fast...like within a couple days. They actually were going to stay open later for us if they needed to just so we could come the day we wanted to (they still had one available though that we took)

Any chance that he will refer out to someone closer? I'm trying to find a way to make this work, and not freak hubby out too.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #130
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmarie

Any chance that he will refer out to someone closer? I'm trying to find a way to make this work, and not freak hubby out too.
Could you email him directly and explain your situation? Tell him straight up that you cannot afford to pay $500. Ask if there is anyway he could work with you on price. I would explain how much time and money you're already spent to be told his tongue is fine (and that ptt doesn't exist). Tell him how highly recommended he comes, and that he is your last come and you really need his help.