Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #201
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Re: *Posterior tongue ties do not exist....* Help with Ameda pump and increasing supp

And I don't have a twitter account, sorry!

Advertisement

Lizmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #202
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *Posterior tongue ties do not exist....* Help with Ameda pump and increasing supp

They seem to suggest just starting right in on the domperidone. I started with a low dose cause it wasn't a real supply issue more related to baby eating, but friend who have used it started right with 3 pills 3x a day (and the one who takes more went up after that)...
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #203
lilmomma83
Registered Users

They recommend to start with at least a theraputic dose (90mg/day) and then go up/down if needed. I'm so excited, it will be a huge help to you I am sure! I also found it really encouraged my baby at the breast!
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #204
Connor
Registered Users
seller

So have you noticed any improvement since the bodywork? Any change in nursing? Hope you respond quickly to the Dom.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #205
Lizmarie
Registered Users

We've noticed a definite difference in how he moves his jaw and lips, but I don't know that I've seen an improvement with nursing yet. We have another session scheduled Thursday and she said we'd see more of a change after the second session. She said that because he'd had his vaccinations (ugh, so wish we didn't have to do ALL of them) that morning, she didn't want to do too much work on him that evening and overload his system?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #206
lilmomma83
Registered Users

That's great you see some improvement! Sorry that she couldn't do more because of the vaccines - that would never occur to me!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #207
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Soooo we're still working on improving, but I've come onto two new issues now....

He'll latch, and it doesn't seem to hurt as much as it used to....but he won't stay latched... I think he has a strong preference for the bottle at this point and things just aren't flowing fast enough? I'll pick a time to latch him when he's calm (since he won't latch at all if he's starving) and he'll try for a bit on one side, latch for a little while, then pop off screaming. I've tried re-latching him and he just pops off and fusses, I've tried going to the other side, and he'll do the same procedure.... I know I'm not empty because I can still pump after and get a decent yield (at least for me). Suggestions? Going off bottles is not an option because I go back to work in a week

The other issue... I did end up renting a Medela Symphony pump hoping that it would help me to increase supply and possibly empty better than the ameda was... Problem is, it's not draining me in the least. I'm still fighting not to get plugged ducts, I can pump a full cycle until it turns off and still hand expressed at least as much as I pumped with the symphony again. I've tried going more than a cycle and it doesn't improve, and I still have to hand express. I don't know what to do. I know my yield isn't super high at this point, but it went from being down to almost nothing to getting around an oz average from the pump, but I know I'm not empty.. I still have hard spots, and like I said if I have the time I can still hand express another oz. I don't know how I'm supposed to get my supply up when I can't drain both sides thoroughly? And I'm a little, (really...alot) bummed that I put down $60 that we really didn't have right now to rent a pump that works no better than the Ameda!

Anyone have any suggestions? I really want this to work out, and the dom seems to be helping (though I'm going to up the dose still), and I think his tongue tie is improved (though I'm not sure it's fully gone, I'll post pictures when I can get some) so things SHOULD be looking up, but I have to figure out how to get him latched so I can breastfeed while I'm with him, and how to pump better? so I can feed him when I'm not with him and keep my supply up.

help?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #208
havenlilianna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmarie
Soooo we're still working on improving, but I've come onto two new issues now....

He'll latch, and it doesn't seem to hurt as much as it used to....but he won't stay latched... I think he has a strong preference for the bottle at this point and things just aren't flowing fast enough? I'll pick a time to latch him when he's calm (since he won't latch at all if he's starving) and he'll try for a bit on one side, latch for a little while, then pop off screaming. I've tried re-latching him and he just pops off and fusses, I've tried going to the other side, and he'll do the same procedure.... I know I'm not empty because I can still pump after and get a decent yield (at least for me). Suggestions? Going off bottles is not an option because I go back to work in a week

The other issue... I did end up renting a Medela Symphony pump hoping that it would help me to increase supply and possibly empty better than the ameda was... Problem is, it's not draining me in the least. I'm still fighting not to get plugged ducts, I can pump a full cycle until it turns off and still hand expressed at least as much as I pumped with the symphony again. I've tried going more than a cycle and it doesn't improve, and I still have to hand express. I don't know what to do. I know my yield isn't super high at this point, but it went from being down to almost nothing to getting around an oz average from the pump, but I know I'm not empty.. I still have hard spots, and like I said if I have the time I can still hand express another oz. I don't know how I'm supposed to get my supply up when I can't drain both sides thoroughly? And I'm a little, (really...alot) bummed that I put down $60 that we really didn't have right now to rent a pump that works no better than the Ameda!

Anyone have any suggestions? I really want this to work out, and the dom seems to be helping (though I'm going to up the dose still), and I think his tongue tie is improved (though I'm not sure it's fully gone, I'll post pictures when I can get some) so things SHOULD be looking up, but I have to figure out how to get him latched so I can breastfeed while I'm with him, and how to pump better? so I can feed him when I'm not with him and keep my supply up.

help?
Okay, so have you tried massaging your breast while pumping? Especially in the spots where you have the hard lumps? I know it's difficult, but see if you can pump in another position than your usual. Like laying down on your side. I'd be more than willing to help you out with the cost of the Hygeia pump if you'd consider it. Pm me if you'd like. *hugs* mama
havenlilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #209
Lizmarie
Registered Users

Re: Help with Ameda pump/posterior TT, etc. ***New update**

Quote:
Originally Posted by havenlilianna View Post
Okay, so have you tried massaging your breast while pumping? Especially in the spots where you have the hard lumps? I know it's difficult, but see if you can pump in another position than your usual. Like laying down on your side. I'd be more than willing to help you out with the cost of the Hygeia pump if you'd consider it. Pm me if you'd like. *hugs* mama
Yes, I'm sorry.. I forgot to mention - I'm doing constant massage/compressions just to get what I'm getting with the pump. I can pump on my side or laying back with the Ameda but for some reason this just HURTS with the Medela? I don't know why, but it just feels like if I change positions at all with the symphony it's just sucking in too much tissue or something. And that's regardless of suction level or size of the flanges (I have the 30s and the 24s, using the 30s per the LC but I have tried both. The 24s just pinch horribly).

Is there a difference in the Hygeia? I was told the symphony is the best of the hospital grade pumps?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #210
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Re: Help with Ameda pump/posterior TT, etc. ***New update**

The popping on and off is probably partially due to age now. As for the pumping, the only punk that worked for me was the Avent. I would suggest you call Avent customer support and ask for 2 spare massage pedals (they fit inside Medela flanges as well), I think they are under $10. They press in as you pump and help stimulate letdown...more like hands expression - but faster.

You've got this...you've come so far! I'll admit, we are still working on things too....it doors Gerry discouraging at times...then I look back at how far we've come...and we continue you see improvement... Hang in there and keep posting!