Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Punkin' Weekly Chat May 2 - May 9

Sorry I got this up late ladies. Mornings have been hard for me again this week. I wake up every morning with major headaches and stomach aches. It takes me a while to get moving. Have to take the kids on a home school field trip today to the Alpaca farm. We've been looking forward to it but I just can hardly get moving. And I certainly can't be late. This is only our 2nd event with this group. Must Get Going!

So, how are you all doing?

Advertisement

zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Punkin' Weekly Chat May 2 - May 9

Oh, quick question. Eileen and I both have hashis and have been struggling with EXTREME exhaustion and LOTS of headaches. We are trying to figure out if this is from the pregnancy, or from our thyroids being off. And by extreme exhaustion, I mean I scare myself driving at times b/c I start to fall asleep!!! Is anyone else feeling these things who does not have hashis?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Thanks for asking, Jenny. I was just coming on here to ask the same thing I have been SO tired - like almost falling asleep every time I sit down. It was not like this during the second tri with my last pregnancy. I know every pregnancy is different, but my thyroid has also been off every time it's been tested (4 times so far) this pregnancy and it was never off during my first, so I'm suspicious. Interested to see how others are feeling and whether I'm experiencing something I should be worried about or just deal with as a pregnancy side effect. DH says that people are just tired when pregnant and that I should just sleep more, but it seems like more than that to me.

On a happier note, my SIL came over today with her little boy and we took the kids to the zoo. Here is an adorable picture of my DD riding a camel!! She is so tiny and the camel was so huge it was just adorable. They had so much fun!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh my goodness! She's a little cherub!
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As for the exhaustion, I am almost listless at times, but it still sounds like you guys are worse. I'm so sorry it has to be so hard for you both.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

I was so exhausted that it was hard to do anything but sleep until 13-14 weeks but now it's much better. Still sleeping a lot, but not nearly as tired. Hope you guys get it figured out!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Libdisney
Registered Users

Are they adjusting your thyroid meds and it's not helping? That sounds like out-of-the-ordinary tiredness. I was really tired up to about 15 1/2 weeks, but it was the kind of tired where I would take a nap in the car before gathering the energy to walk the five steps inside (which my midwife said is normal), not the kind where I worried about falling asleep while driving.
Libdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am tired, but I cannot sleep well. On an average night I can only sleep 4 hours at a time, then it takes me an hour or so to get back to sleep. I have been having horrible migraines 3-4 times a week. They get so bad, it affects my eyesight and my eyes cannot focus. I talked to the OB about it, and she told me to hit the beginning of the migraine with food, water, Tylenol, and caffeine. (Yes my OB is telling me to consume caffeine, but I am de-caf all other times.) Today it still lasted -3 hours after I did everything for it.
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

QTmom, sorry about the migraines!!!! ugh!

Talked to my midwife today and told her how the OB wanted me to deliver at the NICU hospital b/c of my hashis. She said she had never heard that. She has hashis herself and had a homebirth. So she said she'd talk to the OB to ask what his thinking was, do some research herself, and get back to me next week.

I posted a big old garden post on my blog. We've been busy! For any other garden/homesteader enthusiasts, here's the link
http://peasandcarrotsjenny.blogspot....homestead.html
Anyone else got anything growing?

Can I just say that this sweet babe is really feeling real to me now? I am sooooo in love!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

Jenny, my husband would love your garden, I'm going to show him a picture later. I can't take credit for the garden at our house but we have potatoes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, jalapeños, and bell peppers. We also have blueberry, blackberry, and strawberry plants but they're small and won't produce anything this year. Growing stuff is awesome!