Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else in maternity clothes yet?

I'm a fan of the bella band thing. My maternity clothes are all still too big so they don't stay up! But I couldn't close my regular pants either, so I was just wearing my old clothes that are a size or two too big, which just made me look heavier and baggier all around. BUT I just found a bella band at a local consignment sale for $4! Now I can wear my regular clothes and still feel slimmer...but without the button digging into my stomach when I sit down!

Advertisement

MIpiccolo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At 14 weeks, I have several pairs of adorable jeans that I always have to cinch tight with a belt... now I get to wear those beltless... that's kind of nice... I have a cute little belly, but still not big enough to hold up my maternity jeans...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichey View Post
I am!

I'll be 16 weeks on Friday, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Because I haven't gained any weight yet, I kinda thought I would be able to squeeze into my regular jeans until like 20 weeks. Guess I thought wrong!

Unfortunately, almost all of my old maternity clothes were professional (I taught until 7, almost 8 months and then just wore t shirts and old shorts the rest of the summer) and my new maternity clothes are summer clothes because I said "I'm not going through another summer pregnant with no shorts to wear out of the house!" It's kinda cold for shorts, and I only need to dress up on Sundays!
I'm 16 weeks tomorrow too!! yay. I also haven't gained any weight! ( thought I was the only one) I'm not out of my regular clothes yet. Wearing some maternity tank tops but my pants still fit. I'm thinking I will spend most of the summer in my bathing suit in the pool! I live where it's HOT and do not tolerate heat very well!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I'm 16 weeks too and honestly I never stopped wearing my maternity pants after my last one was born. ) not everyday but damn they are comfy! Recently though I got sick of them (I only have 2 pairs) so I bought a Bella band. It lets you use your prepregnancy pants with the button undone. Wonders! I love it.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
StAva2202
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am still in my regular pants with hair ties or rubber bands to close them! I am in maternity shirts though
StAva2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I live in rural Nebraska, and I am plus sized. There are no plus sized maternity clothes. My regular and my 'fat' clothes are getting too tight, so I am starting my 'maternity' wardrobe on Monday. I am going to be living in yoga pants, long stretchy maxi skirts, and long stretchy maxi dresses. I am super excited to start wearing them. I am 18 weeks today and I have only gained a couple of pounds total, and lost one in the last month.
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Blossoming Family
Registered Users
seller

This is my 2nd child and I am definitely in maternity clothes at 18weeks...I can still wear my bigger regular clothes, but at this point it feels better to be in maternity clothes!!

I was surprised at how fast my bump grew this time...and I've only gained 3lbs!! Last pregnancy I think I gained A LOT faster!! Every one comments on my weight now, how I look like I'm growing a bump and losing alittle butt and thigh!! Works for me!!
Blossoming Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just went and bought two pairs of jeans, two pairs of Capri leggings, and four t shirts Tuesday night. I just couldn't stand the Bella band anymore.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
StarryEyedSurprise
Registered Users
Formerly: btrfli81
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm just wearing yoga pants in a size bigger. Lol maternity clothes cost too much!

Sent from my phone using DS Forum.
StarryEyedSurprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Kim, I don't like the Bella band either...it just doesn't work for me and is never comfortable!

And maternity pants never stay up!! ARGH! I love stretchy pants right now I have lots of stretchy yoga-type capris and some cute skirts and sundresses for the summer...I think I'll be spending most of my time in those once it gets hot enough since they tend to stay up better. I hate always pulling pants up, pulling shirts down, etc. when preggo!