Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #51
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09

I tried to roll the legs in, but evidently didn't do it well enough...I guess I will have to practice, though I have a feeling quite a few will have to be pockets stuffed with flats for my mom and DH to use when they're watching DD. I know they won't mess with folding flats.
Lol. When I was using them I didn't think my hubby would help either, but as long as I had them folded and ready to go, he didn't complain. I had them all origami folded. My legs didn't stay rolled in very well either unless I kept a cover on them. But he also sometimes would fold them himself if I didn't have time to get them folded before we needed one. I think you should make him at least learn one fold just in case. Heaven forbid he is out with the baby and all he has left is a receiving blanket because he left the diaper bag at home. Lol. It would be a great "survival" tool. Lol. (I'm half joking but half serious on that last part..lol.)

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #52
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJules
Can I ask a silly question -- why would you choose to handwash when you have a washing machine? I promise I'm not being snarky, I really am curious! I can't imaging choosing to handwash diapers when you don't have to.
I did it last year as emergency preparedness practice. If we have any emergencies I can still diaper my kid!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #53
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I wish the hand washing stipulation wasn't in there. I have tons of flats and would love to do this but I don't have time to handwash. I work 2 jobs, am a student and volunteer with several different agencies. I'm lucky to get a regular load of laundry run. Ugh.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #54
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any sales on boingos or flats

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #55
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc
I wish the hand washing stipulation wasn't in there. I have tons of flats and would love to do this but I don't have time to handwash. I work 2 jobs, am a student and volunteer with several different agencies. I'm lucky to get a regular load of laundry run. Ugh.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs
You can use your flats in support!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice

This is sort of what I'm going to try. I would like to figure out how to make flats work for us in case of emergency. But my DS is such a HW, flats alone were disastrous. Yet, figuring them out in a time of crisis would be terrible, so...Im thinking about trying it. I'm thinking about trying to bucket-wash with a toilet plunger with slits cut out of it, too. I'm thinking this would work? Anyway, I'm going to go into it w/little expectation and if I need to drop out in a day or two (or 6 hours ), do be it. My life is hectic and complicated and I may not be able to swing this but I'd like to give it a go. I think it would bring great perspective and I'd be so stoked if I could figure out a way to get by in an emergency and educate others who may not have consistent laundry access.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #57
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97

This is sort of what I'm going to try. I would like to figure out how to make flats work for us in case of emergency. But my DS is such a HW, flats alone were disastrous. Yet, figuring them out in a time of crisis would be terrible, so...Im thinking about trying it. I'm thinking about trying to bucket-wash with a toilet plunger with slits cut out of it, too. I'm thinking this would work? Anyway, I'm going to go into it w/little expectation and if I need to drop out in a day or two (or 6 hours ), do be it. My life is hectic and complicated and I may not be able to swing this but I'd like to give it a go. I think it would bring great perspective and I'd be so stoked if I could figure out a way to get by in an emergency and educate others who may not have consistent laundry access.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I'm going to try it to see if I could actually do it also would be nice for vacations to not carry around a huge wetbag of stinky diapers.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice

That's true. I thought about this. I don't have any covers in rotation ATM. Guess I better figure that out...

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

So I want to do this challenge but have no clue what soap to use for handwashing diapers??
Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #60
alisonh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd annual flats and handwashing challenge!

I think that the education this is bigger then the internet, although it will spread this way. The reality is we can't do something like this and then people in our real lives not notice. If we post to fb and such others will too... someone who knows someone that is struggling will remember what they heard/saw and they will ask you. Because you have had first hand experience you can answer questions, guide them, and so the story goes.

But I will add that there is the issue of priorities- my students at school can not afford to bring in pencils but one multiple gaming systems.