Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
psylion
Registered Users
seller

My DD still has peanut butter poo most of the time and she is 4.5. She's been potty trained for more than two years. I don't think log poo is very healthy. Most Americans are constipated. I would ask your ped about the amount of milk though. That sounds like an awful lot.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "big kid poop"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kej View Post
Someone just posted a link to an article by a pediatric urologist in the Potty section, and in this article he states that softer poo is better for potty training, as there is less chance of constipation. Check it out.
I read this one too, the article said it should be like peanut butter or mashed sweet potatoes... (and then we ate sweet potatoes with dinner ) any harder could be a sign on constipation!

on the milk thing, our ped. recommended DS drink whole milk until at least 2 yo. and only have 16 oz. a day! She said if they drink more, it fills up their little bellies too much and they dont consume enough "real food" calories during the day, your LO must really love her milk! good luck with whatever you decide to do

Last edited by KB'sMama1031; 04-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
KB'sMama1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: "big kid poop"

Yes, she loves it! (Her ped was okay with us switching to 2% at 18 months.) But yeah, she asks for it by name, knows where it lives in the fridge and has a mini meltdown if I go to grab juice(rare ocurrence) instead. Usually its just milk and water, but if you ask her its "mmmk"

We ran out of milk today asked my hubs to bring some home, and he buys 2 gallons that expires the 21st, that store must not sell a lot of organic milk because they usually have a pretty long shelflife. my husband said,thats why i bought two. im guessing we wont cut back milk consumption until the 22nd.