Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age

DD1 at 18 months because she was sleeping on a cot at daycare. Complete disaster. It was awful. Would never do it this early again.

DFS at 2.5. Easy transition. Only moved him because he was trying to climb out of the crib.

I definitely would wait as long as possible. Older is better.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS launched himself out of the crib nearly on his head at 18 months. I luckily was there (he was protesting a nap) to catch him and before he went back down I converted his crib to a toddler. But honestly he slept in our bed anyway until just a few months before when I grew tired of having my hair pulled and getting kicked in the gut all night so it wasn't a huge transition.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum, so please excuse they typos
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
kanga1622
Registered Users

DS always hated his crib and refused to sleep in it. We converted it to a toddler bed when he was around 18 months to transition him out of our bed for part of the night. It wasn't the easiest thing ever but he was happier in the toddler bed than he ever was in the crib. By the time he was 22 months he was in his own bed full time and he night weaned as well. He still doesn't sleep through the night at 25 months but I really enjoy having some sleeping space to myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd3 is 22mo and has shown no signs of climbing out of bed. She seems to love her crib. We will keep her in it until it becomes a danger. Im hoping 2.5 or even 3
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

No signs of needing to convert here either (with two 21.5month olds). They are in sleepsacks at night, so they shouldn't be able to climb out. They do nap in their cribs also and haven't tried to climb out then!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When my ods was a little over two, a co worker came in to work one morning, and said," You know when it's time to ditch the crib and get the kid a bed?" I said I wasn't sure, but had been thinking about it since he was two. ( his kid was 3 months older than mine) He said," when you hear a loud THUMP!" we cracked up over the story of his kid flipping out of the crib. Two days later during nap time, "THUMP!" then we got a toddler bed, too!
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4
or guidelines to move from crib to toddler bed? When did you move your kids into toddler beds?
It depends on the child. We skipped toddler beds and went straight to twin with a bedrail.

DS was 10.5 months when he started climbing out of the crib. We were afraid he'd hurt himself so he went into the twin bed.

DD was in her crib (when we weren't cosleeping, so usually the firstvhalf of the night) until 14 months... When she gave up nursing she gave up cosleeping, but wanted to cuddle before falling asleep, so it was easier to do in a twin bed then leave than in our bed and move her.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 23 months and still in her crib. I'm in the older-is-better camp and don't plan to move her to a bed until she starts trying to climb out. We did get a toddler bed when she was about 18 months though, because I'm sure the day she chooses to climb out of her crib will be the least convenient day to go bed shopping.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #19
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
18 months. He did good really well with the transition.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We moved my son from his crib to a toddler bed at 22 months when we moved across the country in hopes that a new bed in his new room would entice him to sleep in there

We moved my daughter from her crib to a toddler bed around 18 months simply because she could climb out of her crib and we didn't want her hurting herself.