Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mamas with britax, or other brands...

ive got a 1999 chrysler town and country minivan
but dd goes to my moms about every other weekend or so...she has a booster in her car but im taking that thing out and wutever i get is going to be moved around, untill i can afford getting multiples...

gosh ya i like the steel frame too...
its hard some love it some hate it...and i know i wouldnt b able to test it out, ones i know i can for sure test are the graco my rides, air, and britax...

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dang I think thats the same van my grandma had but I don't have a radian anymore. After some googling I see that it installs fine in the captains chair of the newer town and countries. I don't foresee any problem though. If you order from Diapers.com they ship for free and you can return for free
Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

Tomorrow I can take a picture of my 20 month old (around 28lbs, I'd guess) in a Boulevard versus a True Fit if you'd like.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

A note about rear facing height limits...

Radians say that you need to stop using the seat RF when the top of the head is 1.5" away from the top of the seat.

The complete air says you need to stop using the seat RF when the child is 40" overall (without regard to how much room the child has above his/her head).

The new Britax convertibles, although they have a 1" shorter shell, seem to last as long by height (RF) as the original Britax convertibles.

Someone mentioned a Truefit - they do have a very tall shell, but also a 35# rear facing wieght limit.

HTH!
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the MyRide for my 4yr old, she is about 37" tall but she has a short torso and she still fits in the MyRide rear facing with plenty of room to grow.

The only thing I do not like about the MyRide is that I hate it forward facing so that might sway you.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan
A note about rear facing height limits...

Radians say that you need to stop using the seat RF when the top of the head is 1.5" away from the top of the seat.

The complete air says you need to stop using the seat RF when the child is 40" overall (without regard to how much room the child has above his/her head).

The new Britax convertibles, although they have a 1" shorter shell, seem to last as long by height (RF) as the original Britax convertibles.

Someone mentioned a Truefit - they do have a very tall shell, but also a 35# rear facing wieght limit.

HTH!
I thought it was 1.5 inches but that included the padding?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
jdgates77
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for this thread. Very helpful!
jdgates77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id love pix! but im not too sure about the true fit, i definately want something that goes to at least 40 pounds...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

DD at 15 mths in a radian I don't remember how tall but probably about 28 inches or so and 16lbs

DD at about 16 mths, 28ish inches and 16lbs in a britax ra55

Between those ^^ two pics, you can easily see that she has more leg room in the radian..even though she was smaller and surely didn't need it! She also had more room over her head in the radian to grow than the britax. I love both seats for different reasons. That is still the case now that she is almost 2, 19lbs and 30.5 inches tall but I don't have recent pics. I know she is a lot smaller than your dd...but just to give you some idea on the difference.

And this is one reason why the radian has good leg room....they can throw their legs right over the sides.

Last edited by solarbabies; 04-18-2012 at 07:21 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #20
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
I thought it was 1.5 inches but that included the padding?
I've heard that the reason for the 1.5 inches is to give a little more "wiggle" room with the measuring... I've heard stuff about the padding... But, bottom line, the manual says you need 1.5" of head clearance. It actually also says 44" overall height is the limit for RF (this is in a new RXT manual), which I didn't know.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote