Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #41
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mamas with britax, or other brands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
Yeah, I hadn't actually ever looked at a Diono manual before yesterday. But if someone buys a radian today (new) then they are getting Diono, so they should know what the Diono manual says about RF limits.

I think it is interesting that the Diono manual has an overall height limit for RF (very clearly stated, twice). I wonder about the origin of that.
what is the height limit? rf.

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
what is the height limit? rf.
Diono states an overall height limit of 44" for RF.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #43
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
Diono states an overall height limit of 44" for RF.
what!? isnt britax a 49" limit????? with the higher end convertibles at least...????
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #44
an_aurora
Registered Users

No kid will get anywhere near 49" in a Britax RF.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #45
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
No kid will get anywhere near 49" in a Britax RF.
not enough leg room? or not a tall enough shell?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #46
an_aurora
Registered Users

The shell is 24" so most kids could maybe make it to 40" assuming they are proportionate; some will make it longer and some will outgrow it before that point.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
The shell is 24" so most kids could maybe make it to 40" assuming they are proportionate; some will make it longer and some will outgrow it before that point.
ok...thanks mama....im having a very hard time with this...my brain literally hurts right now, and the past few days from all this car seat business...

i really want something i can get from diapers.com or target here local...

im between radian's (which is my issue, i cant get it from diapers.com atm they are out) and britax, then graco my ride 65, and air....

more between britax and radians...
i like the body of britax more, and i feel like i might end up getting the radian anyways later on because they last longer but i dont like the low profile on them, but they rear face longer....
and with a graco they seem even more tucked in, higher profile which i like more, but theres no steel in those, only plastic as far as i know...and i kinda dont like the company..blabla...just babbling...sorry...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #48
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
ok...thanks mama....im having a very hard time with this...my brain literally hurts right now, and the past few days from all this car seat business...

i really want something i can get from diapers.com or target here local...

im between radian's (which is my issue, i cant get it from diapers.com atm they are out) and britax, then graco my ride 65, and air....

more between britax and radians...
i like the body of britax more, and i feel like i might end up getting the radian anyways later on because they last longer but i dont like the low profile on them, but they rear face longer....
and with a graco they seem even more tucked in, higher profile which i like more, but theres no steel in those, only plastic as far as i know...and i kinda dont like the company..blabla...just babbling...sorry...
I have totally been there. Advice...STOP STRESSING! It won't be the end of the world if your kiddo outgrows a seat before your ready to stop RFing. You'll know before hand and have time to save money if needed. It is a crazy world when you start analyzing every tiny detail. I did the same thing and got completely overwhelmed. Just go with your gut and you'll be fine