Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool mamas, do you use wool all the time?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have hit my first nesting phase. After trying just about every type of diaper known to man (except hybrids), I fell in love with cotton fitteds and wool with my second child. Oh how I love wool and what it does for babies' skin! I even love washing wool. However, I haven't used it exclusively. I have always put my LO in a AIO or AI2 for outings. With this baby, I would love to use only cotton diapers and wool. So what is your system for outings? Does your child wear only longies/shorties or do you put a soaker, wool wrap under "regular" clothes? Pics with wool under clothes are welcome, too. TIA

Advertisement

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!

Last edited by tootsy_toes; 04-18-2012 at 04:59 PM.
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use wool exclusively. For outings we either wear knitted soakers or pull up interlock, sometimes I just only use his covers/ wraps. We are in FL, it's warm here now and I don't want to make DS uncomfortable by trying to put some cute cotton shorts on him over his fitted diaper and cover. We just got into full time fitteds and wool, so I'm not to sure yet what we will do in the winter. HTH.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool mamas, do you use wool all the time?

I only do wool. DH and I both do things differently. I lean towards longies/shorties. I usually take an extra pair in the diaper bag when we are out in case DS completely soaks a diaper and the wool gets more than just a little damp. DH seems to like the interlock covers better, with clothes over, or what I call soaker longies, like Ruskovilla long nappy pants, or Babyology longies, with no clothes over.

I also find that soakers are fantastic in the summer. DS2 lived in tees and soakers all last summer.

As far as a system for going out, I make sure to change right before we leave, and just carry a couple diapers and an extra soaker or shorties/longies with me. I don't really do anything differently when we are out.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS is in wool 100% of the time b/c of allergies. Most of the time it is just a fitted diaper & longies or shorties b/c that is easier (fewer steps at diaper change time). We do however have some interlock soakers that he wears for when he wears cotton pants.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All wool all the time Poppy wears Disana 90% of the time even under clothes with no issue. I have a few wool wraps ImseVimse and 2 upcycled super this soakers if a Disana will stick out like a dress with bloomer. She wears longies and shorties too. We have a few fitteds but a mostly a pf family. She goes out and is worn with wool all the time.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use wool all of the time. I only have 1 PUL cover. I like to put a t-shirt, diaper and shorties or capris on the baby for simplicity but occasionally I'll put a soaker on her underneath clothing. I'll do longies, diaper, shirt and coat in the fall/winter of course.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

So do you reuse the same longies? Or do you rotate?
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Leo wears fitteds with longies/shorties or a wool soaker under his clothes every day that I dress him. (If DH dresses him, he tends to go for an AIO). He can usually wear the same woolies all day - the only time he ever gets wet enough for the outer of the diaper to feel damp is overnight. If he does pee a ton during his nap, we'll switch, but that's pretty rare.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I use either wool or fleece 100% of the time. When we go out she'll wear a dress with a soaker underneath or a tshirt with a wool/fleece soaker. Her legs are super short so a soaker looks like shorts, but even if they didn't she'd still wear them out. I change her fitted right before going out, and bring a few diapers and an extra wool/fleece cover (which I usually don't end up using). I tried to smoosh her fleece and wool under regular clothes, but it is so much easier to just use the wool or fleece as clothes. Seems much more comfy for DD too.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
beansie19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All wool here! We occasionally use soakers under clothes but we like to use wool wraps over prefolds. I throw in an extra wrap just in case. Now that DD is older and has more solid poops, we tri-fold or use hemp blend inserts during the day. It's just like using AI2s! Nice and trim! To be honest, we haven't tried longies yet. A little too pricey. Looking at purchasing our first ones now. Hope this helps.
beansie19 is offline   Reply With Quote