Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool mamas, do you use wool all the time?

This was very helpful. I have some wool wraps and was wondering how to make those work. My kids usually wear woven pants out of the house. Thanks!

Advertisement

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wool full time! My son generally wears only longies or shorties... and soakers to bed. He doesn't have any regular pants. When we're going out, I sometimes will put a light-weight wool soaker under a pair of longies that I know needs to be lanolized so there aren't any accidents! Wool full time is 100% doable depending on where you live!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're more likely to do wool around the house or for a quick run to the store, but if it's like we did today (out to lunch, grocery shopping, then Target), we use PUL covers. DD has always been a crazy heavy wetter & we've always ended up changing the wool cover at every change. As a teeny baby, that wasn't bad; now that she's in 3T clothes, those covers are pretty big &/or bulky.

That said, we did a lot of interlock soakers under regular clothes...everything from dresses to jeans. We were given bunches of soakers from SIL, once her DD PLed, so we didn't really choose to go mostly w/ IL soakers, but they ended up working really well for us. Having now branched out a bit, I would have done more Babyology, especially the longies under dresses & skirts &/or as night wool.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD, I didn't start CDing her until she was 7 months old, and didn't really discover wool until she was about a year old. We did go gung ho with the wool skirties, but she still had "real clothes." And with DS1 we did mostly fitteds/wool longies, shorties with the occasional "real clothes" over a pocket.

So far with DS2, he's only ever worn fitteds/wool longies & shorties at just over 3 months. We plan to continue that trend. (Although there are a few "real" outfits that I had for DS1 that I do plan to re-use on DS2 when he fits in them.)

Here are some pics of my kiddos in woolies:

DS2

DS1

DD

5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma

Last edited by jenncatsmeow; 04-22-2012 at 06:24 PM.
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=jenncatsmeow;14986853]With DD, I didn't start CDing her until she was 7 months old, and didn't really discover wool until she was about a year old. We did go gung ho with the wool skirties, but she still had "real clothes." And with DS1 we did mostly fitteds/wool longies, shorties with the occasional "real clothes" over a pocket.

So far with DS2, he's only ever worn fitteds/wool longies & shorties at just over 3 months. We plan to continue that trend. (Although there are a few "real" outfits that I had for DS1 that I do plan to re-use on DS2 when he fits in them.)

Here are some pics of my kiddos in woolies:

Mama thanks for those pics. Your kiddos are adorable and the wool is cute, too!

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

We were using it pretty much full-time except for nights until I got pregnant and developed a wool aversion(so sad). But if I needed to put her in regular clothes or for longer rides then I used a wrap like Imse Vimse or Niji. We used them for nights a lot too.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We have been 100% wool with 2 exceptions only. Someone gave us a nb PUL cover and I used it twice. Longies were generally out of reach so we used soakers and wraps. Then I discovered upcycled longies. My avatar pic is of my son in an brown upcycled wool longie. For going out for where my son will be in his carseat for a while I like to put him in a wrap and then use his longies. This would be for when we go to St.Louis which is an hour and a half away from home. Other wise I get compression leaks. Because the wraps are so trim this is generally no more bulky than if I had put cotton pants over the wrap.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOVE those pics!!!

We do fleece full time, which is similar enough I thought I would add my to this thread

I love to use fleece longies on my son in winter, and shorties in summer. However, he has a bunch of normal clothing, too. When he was ~4 months old it was still really hot, so I would put him in a t-shirt and fleece soaker-style cover and call it an outfit, wherever we went (if it was going to be hot). Once he started walking, I decided soakers were better for around the house, and if we were going out he needed "real" pants (fleece longies, fleece shorties, or regular clothes).

If we're going out, I make sure that the diaper he's wearing is adequately absorbent so I won't have to worry about a damp cover; I try to stay on top of diaper changes, too, since compression-leaks are more likely in breathable covers when your LO is strapped into a car seat.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
So do you reuse the same longies? Or do you rotate?
same longies all day, but I use fitteds & don't let him get to the point of sopping wet. I try my best to check & change often so he's not sitting in a wet diaper.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

When we used wool yes she wore it all the time. She wore shorties or longies with a shirt 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum