Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miscarriage questions.

First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had a m/c in January at almost 6 weeks. When we rechecked the beta that time, I was in the 400's (about the same as I was one week prior). The crampy wasn't horrible, but I don't want to go through that again. Also the bleeding was relatively heavy for 2-3 days before it started to slack off. I was back to a hcg of 0 ten days later and proceeding to ovulate four days after that. The last 20 of the hcg went the slowest. I think the worst part was going back for the follow up appointment and sitting in that waiting room with all the happy pregnant women. I fell apart in the waiting room. I wish I would of sat in the car waiting until they were ready for me.
Although horrible to know I wasn't pregnant anymore, knowing that the hcg was 0 gave me some closure. I took ibuprofen for the cramping because tylenol does nothing for me. I kept taking my prenatals because even though the bleeding wasn't excessive, it was still pretty heavy.
I know what you mean regarding when you pass tissue. This might sound gross, but I knew when I finally passed my baby and I strained it out of the toilet and plan on buring it in my MIL back yard with a marker for my angel. I just couldn't flush him down the toilet, but that's just me.
Originally, I couldn't stand the thought of trying again and possibly going through the pain, but now, I would give anything to try again, but my husband said no way. I just feel there's a whole in my heart that still needs to be filled and probably will never be healed.
I wish you peace and healing as you and your family work through your grief. Again, I'm so sorry!

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
I have conceived three children and carried them all to term since our loss.
I have as well. The miscarriage did throw me for a loop, but thankfully time has healed that wound as well as more babies.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
I have conceived three children and carried them all to term since our loss.
See, and stories like that make me feel better. But how do I know that I will be one of those? How do I know that there's not something wrong with me? I've seen where women have as many as 9 or more losses, and I really don't think that I can handle that... I don't see how in the world I would be strong enough to do that. The last year has been extremely rough for us. Me and my family (husband, me, and three kids) were in a car accident in September, we were hit by a drunk driver. We almost lost our 4 year old. He had brain surgery for swelling, and was in ICU for 12 days. We didn't think he was going to make it. Now this? The court trial for the guy that hit us just ended three weeks ago, the kid was only 20. I just don't know how much more I can take... my life has been an emotional rollercoaster for several months now... and yet I somehow have to bring myself down to the fact that it could have been worse, and I have to count my blessings. Somehow, it doesn't make anything any easier.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Thank you. It is hard. Even knowing that there was never a baby, with a heartbeat (that they could find anyway), it was a little bit easier knowing that I wouldn't have to pass a baby that I could visibly see. Earlier today, I had a fairly hefty piece of tissue, and same as you... I just knew that was it. I contemplated taking it out, but instead I just sat there staring at it for about 10 minutes, and cried. I still feel pregnant... how, I don't know. My hcg levels are too low to still feel pregnant. My breasts are still swollen and tender, I'm tired... and I am just ready for this to be over. I just don't want to do this ever again. I just keep praying. God knows my heart. I'm not an incredibly religious person, and I know that the only thing holding me together right now is that I know there is a God, and I know that this happened for a reason... I just wish I knew why.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I have as well. The miscarriage did throw me for a loop, but thankfully time has healed that wound as well as more babies.
I can't imagine having as many kids as you do! LOL. My three boys are a handful, for sure! I know that I will be okay in time. Afterall, it's only been 18 hours since we got the news, and the emotions are so fresh. After a few weeks, I'm sure that the wounds will heal, and maybe I will be ready to have another baby. I just wish I didn't have to go through all of this in the process. It has definitely taught me how to be patient, and what's important. That's for sure.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
leyash
Registered Users
seller

When should the cramping stop? The bleeding has definitely slowed, for sure. I've felt good all morning... did some cleaning, laundry... and now I am feeling the cramping coming back. I have an appointment on Wednesday, but I really don't want to be cramping every day. Is this my body telling me to slow down, or is this normal? It's been almost 48 hours since the miscarriage began.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
It'll be like a period..or mini labor really..I cramped for days...
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
It'll be like a period..or mini labor really..I cramped for days...
Should I still cramp after the bleeding is gone? :/
Old 04-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
I did. My bleeding started, then stopped, then stopped and started again. I do believe its your uterus retracking back to normal size.
Everyone is different. I don't think anything would be wrong.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Thank you.

I have a doctor appointment for Wednesday. I am going to go ahead and go, even though I really don't want to.

I am definitely not filling a pad an hour. Keeping up with my water intake nicely, and I drank a spinach smoothie this morning to make sure my iron is kept up at a decent level. I don't want to take iron supplements, and I am not hungry at all... so eating something doesn't sound appealing right now. I figure I'll be on a smoothie diet until my appetite comes back.

Should I continue taking my prenatals, or is that not necessary anymore?
I would keep taking the prenatals, it won't hurt to have the extra vitamins while you are bleeding.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote