Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 10 week loss took about 45 days to get below 5. But I passed a fetus, in his sack. And then two days later, the placenta. I held on to 'product of conception' for along time. I imagine with earlier losses your body can flush itself faster and more efficiently. Your numbers are dropping fast. I definitely would get another draw though. I had one week where my levels went up, from left over tissue growing. You don't want that to happen and then think its another pregnancy, kwim?

Big hugs honey. My loss was similiar to labor. I have unmanageable contractions, passed enormous clots, had to hold a towel between my legs because pads were useless. It lasted like that for 4 hours, then tapered down to a period for a couple weeks

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Miscarriage questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambieone View Post
I would keep taking the prenatals, it won't hurt to have the extra vitamins while you are bleeding.
Honestly, they make me sick. I'd rather drink my smoothies than take the prenatals. I'm probably getting MORE nutrients from the smoothies than I am the prenatals. My prenatals don't have iron in them anyway, which is the main thing I'm trying to take in. I get about 16% of my daily iron intake from the spinach smoothie that I drink every morning. So far I am actually feeling okay... if I start to feel bad, I will definitely consider taking the prenatals again. Thanks for the advice.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #23
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
My 10 week loss took about 45 days to get below 5. But I passed a fetus, in his sack. And then two days later, the placenta. I held on to 'product of conception' for along time. I imagine with earlier losses your body can flush itself faster and more efficiently. Your numbers are dropping fast. I definitely would get another draw though. I had one week where my levels went up, from left over tissue growing. You don't want that to happen and then think its another pregnancy, kwim?

Big hugs honey. My loss was similiar to labor. I have unmanageable contractions, passed enormous clots, had to hold a towel between my legs because pads were useless. It lasted like that for 4 hours, then tapered down to a period for a couple weeks
Yeah, I was only 5.4 weeks(ish) so it definitely isn't as bad as some losses that you girls have had. I think it was more emotional for me. I do almost feel like I am having regular contractions, though... like a little mini labor. I'll notice the cramping, then a few minutes later, it's gone... then it comes back, etc. I suppose that is all normal, and the cramping isn't even bad enough to need medicine, really. The bleeding is down to a minimum... almost like the last day of my period would be... just tinges when I wipe, etc. I am going to get my blood drawn on Wednesday, and yes... my numbers are dropping very fast. The doctor said that I likely started miscarrying around the day that I found out I was pregnant. We'll never truly know.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #24
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

Yeah, I was only 5.4 weeks(ish) so it definitely isn't as bad as some losses that you girls have had. I think it was more emotional for me. I do almost feel like I am having regular contractions, though... like a little mini labor. I'll notice the cramping, then a few minutes later, it's gone... then it comes back, etc. I suppose that is all normal, and the cramping isn't even bad enough to need medicine, really. The bleeding is down to a minimum... almost like the last day of my period would be... just tinges when I wipe, etc. I am going to get my blood drawn on Wednesday, and yes... my numbers are dropping very fast. The doctor said that I likely started miscarrying around the day that I found out I was pregnant. We'll never truly know.
its just not fair. For anyone
Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #25
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you have cramping, you can take Motrin.
My loss was at 11wks, but it was a missed tubal that ruptured.

I hope that your recovery is speedy. Take the time you need to heal. No matter how late or early a m/c is, your love for that child was no different! Don't devalue your feelings!!!

Hugs Mama!!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Do you have to go to the dr at all? I thought it could pass naturally.

I believe I had a 5week miscarriage last weekend. Tons of blood, tons of cramping - but I didn't know I was pregnant.

The bleeding has stopped, but I still cramp or something - I just don't feel right, but I'm afraid a dr will laugh at me for even going in (not to mention its now the weekend).

I've talked myself into believing it was ectopic and that's why I still hurt, but that seems unlikely.

I was hoping it would just be over already and the things I've read online just say to go to the dr if your bleeding lasts over a week. Bleeding stopped, abdominal area still cramping.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, I am so, so, so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

When I lost Bean, the whole thing seemed to happen very quickly. By the time I got to the ER, it was really only a matter of time before "it" happened. So they let me go back there and stay. I had blood on my clothes and stuff. The cramping got intense and I lost everything within a few minutes of getting back to the little room they stuck me in. They told me the same thing - since I was very early, that was it and I shouldn't have a lot of bleeding.

Well, no go on that. I bled like a heavy period, had a few small clots and a tiny bit of some kind of tissue, and then bled lightly for a while after that. The cramping came and went during that time, and I was sore for a while. I got some cramping about 5 days after everything happened and I rested more that day, which helped. I suggest you drink lots of water - because you have lost a lot of blood - and rest as you can.

They wanted me to go in to get the levels checked but I never went back in. I never followed up with my OB-GYN either. I just didn't want to go back. I knew that my baby (I believe it was another girl) was gone and I didn't want to go back to get pricked for blood tests to confirm what I already knew.

As far as your emotions go, even though it was an early loss it is still a loss. You can cry and vent and every feeling you have is ok. I was totally numb for a while, then one day I just broke down sobbing so much I went into a panic attack. It just all came out at once and I started going downhill more & more emotionally. I still carry tremendous guilt, because I hate to even mention it but I truly was angry to find out I was pregnant again and the baby was not planned. I wasn't very far along, either. So just don't ever feel like you can't grieve or that it's silly to be so heartbroken over an early loss.

Again, my condolences and I hope you recover quickly from here. Hang in there, mama.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #28
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry, I'm getting lots of double posts today....
Old 04-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #29
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Thank you, Freedom. The cramping is still present today, but the bleeding is very minimal now. Still like the last day of my period. Ovaries are still hurting a bit, but both ultrasounds have shown nothing on them, so I know that I don't have any cysts or anything right now. I'm still at a rough place emotionally, but it's not as bad as I thought I would be. I'm definitely still grieving a bit, which I expected. I have three boys to take care of, and a full-time work from home job, so I definitely have the necessary distractions.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #30
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Do you have to go to the dr at all? I thought it could pass naturally.

I believe I had a 5week miscarriage last weekend. Tons of blood, tons of cramping - but I didn't know I was pregnant.

The bleeding has stopped, but I still cramp or something - I just don't feel right, but I'm afraid a dr will laugh at me for even going in (not to mention its now the weekend).

I've talked myself into believing it was ectopic and that's why I still hurt, but that seems unlikely.

I was hoping it would just be over already and the things I've read online just say to go to the dr if your bleeding lasts over a week. Bleeding stopped, abdominal area still cramping.
From what my doctor told me, they want me to go to the doctor to make sure that my levels are down to 0, and that I have passed all of the tissue. They just want to make sure that I don't need a D&C, which the doctor didn't think I would, because there wasn't a lot of tissue or clotting. I passed everything major the second day of this (Thursday), so the bleeding that I am having now is pretty much just watery and such. The nurse that I spoke with the day after, said that I could bleed for up to 2-3 months, but didn't think that would happen since it was such an early loss. I've never been through this before, so I'm just not sure what to expect from all of this. Will definitely speak with the doctor about all of it on Wednesday when I go in.