Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
This morning i found crusty yellow stuff in my belly button. I blew it off. I just found some more! My button looks like its leaky......any clue what in the world is going on? Eta-i have noticed some stretching feelings going on around mid belly the last 3ish days so i'm wondering if this is some weird pg thing..

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 04-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did u have s piercing?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
Not pregnant currently but Saw this in current posts. My belly button does this sometimes. I keep it extra clean and use rubbing alcohol to clean and dry it out. Don't mess with it too much or it might get infected. I don't know why it happens - just what I do to help it stop without getting infected. HTHs
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
No, not pierced. Thanks for the tip!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
TattoedMama
Registered Users

Re: Ew! What is in my button?

It's possible you have an umbilical hernia. When I worked for surgeons, having a hernia sometimes contributed to leaking at the umbilicus. They are very commonly caused by pregnancy also, and they can't always be felt like groin hernias. Or the stretching from pregnancy could just cause your skin to be cracking open but as long as it's clean, there shouldn't be any chance of infection. If it leaks a lot or you notice an opening, I would recommended some a sterile 4X4 to keep any bacteria out. Just my
TattoedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #6
tonnabelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same problem and could NOT figure it out for a week or so....until one day when I was putting lotion on my big ol' belly and a glob went into it.....it was left over lotion that I wasn't really scrubbing out.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnabelle
I had the same problem and could NOT figure it out for a week or so....until one day when I was putting lotion on my big ol' belly and a glob went into it.....it was left over lotion that I wasn't really scrubbing out.
Lol that totally sounds like something I would do

Old 04-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedMama
It's possible you have an umbilical hernia. When I worked for surgeons, having a hernia sometimes contributed to leaking at the umbilicus. They are very commonly caused by pregnancy also, and they can't always be felt like groin hernias. Or the stretching from pregnancy could just cause your skin to be cracking open but as long as it's clean, there shouldn't be any chance of infection. If it leaks a lot or you notice an opening, I would recommended some a sterile 4X4 to keep any bacteria out. Just my
Interesting. Both my girls had hernias-one had to be surgically fixed-I dont remember theirs leaking....of course I have slept since then though lol It does have a slow leak i guess b/c shortly after cleaning it develops more crusties. Ive been cleaning it about 4xs a day. Is that enough? Im afraid to mess with it to much but dont want an infection either.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
TattoedMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
Interesting. Both my girls had hernias-one had to be surgically fixed-I dont remember theirs leaking....of course I have slept since then though lol It does have a slow leak i guess b/c shortly after cleaning it develops more crusties. Ive been cleaning it about 4xs a day. Is that enough? Im afraid to mess with it to much but dont want an infection either.
They don't always leak. Just sometimes when they are stretched out. I would just clean it with water and when you're in the shower, soap and water. I wouldn't use alcohol or peroxide though. And if it starts getting worse, I'd definitely see your dr. Hope it gets better!
TattoedMama is offline   Reply With Quote