Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

my friend did a super cute photo - it had her son holding a sign that said "37 months" and then her standing next to him (with just her belly and legs showing)...she was holding a sign that said "4 months"

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82
Wow, 150 postcards??? That's awesome you have such a big group of family and friends. I really like that idea but might do it on facebook instead.
Haha yeah it was pretty crazy, esp postage! But I have a huge family since each of my parents are 1 of 6 plus dh's family and then we have lots of friends at church so the list just kept growing!

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

With our newest one we told almost everyone on facebook. My husband tagged me in a post that said "Hey JoDe, is it ok if we tell everyone we're pregnant now?" Right after that I changed my picture to a jar of Prego and at the bottom it says "it's in there" and I also updated my status to "We have a little Valentine, although it's still brand new. You'll meet our little Valentine, it's September when were due." We had told everyone on Valentine's day.
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When we were pregnant with DS, I had a shirt made for my almost 2yo DD that said "Alaina's Going to Be a BIG Sister!" and then had her wear it on a day we were going to be hanging out with the inlaws. We didn't say a word, just waited for them to notice it. Heck, if it weren't for my MIL trying to wipe applesauce off of DD we'd probably still be waiting, no one was particularly observant that day....
Old 04-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
Wendylady
Registered Users

When we found out we were having our first I had Tshirts made for my dad and stepmom that said "World's Greatest Grandpa/Grandma" and had them waiting on the guest bed when they came up to visit right after we found out.

I didn't surprise my dh till our latest baby. With Xander I took a pic of the positive test and printed up a bunch of pics for some new picture frames I had recently bought. Then when my dh came home I pulled out the pics for him to look at and the last pic was the one of the test.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did the shirt thing with DD1 when we were expecting our 2nd. It said "I have a secret..." on the front and "I'm going to be a big sister" on the back. We were lucky enough to have my sister and her family and my dad and stepmom here on the same weekend. The following weekend we announced to my in-laws and the extended family on that side. Everyone loved it! LucysMommy(I think she has a new name now) here on DS made it for me. She did great work and it came out much nicer than a screen print tee.
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #17
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our friends had a picture taken of them at the library reading parenting books & their little boy in the middle reading a book about becoming a big brother. I thought that was a really cute idea.

I regret not doing anything cute. We just announced on Facebook both times. I didn't even tell my DH in a cute way.
hilaryisinked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the "crack me" egg idea!

For our first, it was the first grandbaby for my parents and we're long distance ... I called my brother and told him... he picked up flowers on the way home from work and had the card read something like "For my grandma and grandpa" and I had my brother call me when he got to my parents house... I then called my parents and was talking to my mom when my brother walked into the house with the flowers. My SIL had her camera and took pics of my parents with the flowers and a pic of my mom on the phone so I could have them for the baby book.

We did the "I'm going to be a big sister" shirt for when we were pg with DS... my dad didn't notice. Everyone else got it though.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
gaakoh
Registered Users

Our last name happens to be a famous football player's last name. So for our twins we sent our parents 2 football onesies with our last name and a picture of the ultrasound. We also added in a playmobile toy of a mom with a baby for my parents and a dad with a baby for his parents.

For the next pregnancy our son was in a shirt that said "I'm going to be a big brother." Makes you realize how unobservant people are. Clothes really aren't noticed, why do I bother trying to match things?
gaakoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Belbaby3728
Banned

I told my sister first and we got her daughter a onesie to wear that said "I'm gonna be a big cousin". Handed her to our mom at a family gathering and said "Avery wants to tell you something". Took her a few minutes to notice/read her outfit

For my FIL we got a picture frame and typed up a note to put in it that said "esitmated date of arrival with due date and then said made with love by our names".
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote