Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

I was so not creative. I just blurted it out to my dh (to be fair both were after years of waiting)...he IMMEDIATELY called his family (with ds1 it was like 11:30 at night). With ds2 I bought ds1 a shirt that said "Big Brother" on it. He wore it when I went to visit my parents. It took my sisters like an hour to realize what his shirt said.

My friend got pg with #9 and surprised her hubby by putting the positive test in the cup where his toothbrush would go. He always gets up earlier than her and she said it was a cute reaction!

I took a photo for a friend that had her DH, her, their daughter standing (all wearing Toms shoes) with a tiny pair of Toms sitting next to dd. All you could see was their feet and it said at the bottom "Our family is growing by TWO feet". I got the idea on Pinterest.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #32
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

That's a cute idea with the shoes.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #33
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Haven't read other replies....

I traced each of my kids' feet on a big card and put their name and birthday. Then I put "...and, September 2012" with a heart where the feet would be.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #34
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

With our first, DH wrecked his truck the day I found out, so when he came home complaining about having to go car shopping, I just said "well, make sure there's room for a carseat"...and he, being in a bad mood, said "well, that's just great"...and I cried and yelled at him The in-laws had been nagging us since we got married about having a baby and MIL was always saying it was her dream to have a grandbaby...we found out right before their anniversary, found a card that said something about dreams coming true that happened to have a baby on the front and gave that to FIL. MIL had been wanting a certain picture frame, so we put the first u/s photo in it and used a small diaper bag as the gift bag. She got it right away. FIL sat there looking confused for a while

With our second, I found out before a big hs homecoming football game...DH is really into it, we had our son's face painted, that sort of thing....a friend made a comment to DH about how cute our son was and after the friend walked away, I said "and we get to paint the new baby's face next year"...he started jumping up and down, running around telling everyone, he was soooo happy...we'd been trying for almost a year and had pretty much given up on getting pregnant. We were planning on doing something cute to tell family...but then FIL had a heart attack and things weren't looking so great....so DH told them at the hospital. My dad is always joking about how we're his only kids that are gonna give him grandchildren and is always asking me if I'm pregnant...so I just said yes...and he totally didn't even catch it because he was so used to me rolling my eyes & saying no We found out that our second was going to be a girl a couple days before our son's 2nd bday party...so DH painted a shirt that said "I love my son" on the front and "and his sister too" on the back. Everyone but FIL got it right away...dead serious when I say that we all sat there talking about it, the baby shower, the new pink nursery, etc for at least an hour before he said "so, did you ever find out what you're having?". Yeah, he's not the brightest crayon in the box

With our third, DH decided as my Christmas "gift" that we could try for another baby...he'd been very hesitant about wanting another...but put in the condition we could only try for two months, thinking it wouldn't really work, but that at least he made the effort . Got pregnant first try...took a test at my sister's house, stuck it in my purse and forgot it was in there, was trying to find a cute way to tell him, then told him to check a lottery ticket he insisted I buy that was in my purse...he found the test and made some comment about it being a lottery winner...got me excited about winning the lottery, then realized he was talking about the test.

We told friends on facebook about our third by both of us posting psalm 127:3-5 from the bible--"Lo, children are a herirage of the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate." Then said "Another arrow for our quiver!!!"...only a couple friends got it though. So about a week later, I made a comment about nothing being more fun than shopping for tiny cloth diapers for a newborn...and THEN people started to get it lol

Last edited by smashncakes; 04-27-2012 at 09:14 AM.
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #35
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So...I was laying in bed the other night...thinking about this. Weird I know. If we get pg again I want to do this!!

Red shirts for me and both boys. Stickers/iron on that say Thing One, Thing Two and Thing Three. The Thing Three sticker to be put on the belly of my shirt. Then I'll take a picture of us all and send it out as an announcement!

Like this...but without the crazy hair and makeup.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Last edited by Holly dolly; 04-27-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

With DD I just showed DH the stick and he asked what does this mean? I managed to get out " I'm pregnant and I don't know if I want to be" before I burst into tears. I was happy just shocked cuz it was unplanned. With DS, I handed DD (2 at the time) the stick and told her to take it to daddy. With this one, DH kept asking when I would test so I tested a day before I told him I would. When it was positive, I made a sign that said "no vacancy" and taped it to my belly. I went in just as he was waking up and lifted up my shirt showing him the sign. Then we wrote a letter from the baby for the kids to read. Then posted the video to FB. We both just called our families all three times.
Here's the letter
Dear Grace and Judah,
I'm still too small to see
Even smaller than a pea
But I'll be here soon
In July, not June
For now I'll stay in mommys tummy
Where it's warm and the food is yummy.
I can't wait to meet you!
Love, your new baby brother or sister
For the record, my five year old got it before my eight year old.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are such sweet ideas! We didn't do anything fun...I get so excited that I just have to tell people immediately! We did sort of surprise MIL with #2...we had gone away for the weekend and found out I was pregnant at the hotel. When we got home, we went to pick up DS from her house and told her we got her a souvenier and then handed her the positive test. It was pretty funny. Next time around I want to do something really fun for DH though.
Please visit and LIKE my page to keep up with fun diaper chat and frequent online specials!
Solomon's Mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #38
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
We don't plan on telling people about number three (when I get pregnant) for awhile (probably close to 20 weeks) but we also don't plan on finding out whether it's a boy or girl. I want to get dd a big sister shirt, ds a little brother shirt, and a "littlest peanut" shirt for the baby. We'll get a picture with the shirts on the kids and have the baby shirt over my belly (which should be obvious at that point!)
Old 05-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #39
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

That's cute putting the baby shirt or shoes over the belly and taking a pic! I have seen it done with baby blocks spelling out a name or whatever.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

bump