Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #41
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Swag did you score at your GCDC event?

We had 66 babies at the one we attended. There were a couple other GCDC events nearby, too, but I haven't heard how they turned out.
We got a reusable tote with a bunch of different diaper cream samples, RnG samples, a couple of different chocolates and a couple organic kid-friendly snacks, chapstick, and a huge pile of coupons. We had some pretty cool door prizes, too, but I didn't win anything. It was lots of fun, though!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly3139 View Post
Nice! I saw you towards the front desk We were in the middle I had the toddling girl (brown curly hair) we were sitting next to the toddling boy in the middle.
The coupons were for the better bottoms diaper service and something else. It was attached to the prefolds.
I forgot about the Local Breastfeeding Calendar too!
Yeah, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the people in the tiny space so I stepped outside while everyone filed into the hallway. I was the first one back in so I grabbed the corner so I didn't feel so closed in by all the people. I have OCD/germaphobia and just sitting on the floor changing a diaper was pushing me to my limits so I wanted to reduce as much stress as I could. I remember seeing your little girl :-)
I didn't really look at the prefolds much so I didn't see the coupon on there.
I love the breastfeeding calendar! It's certainly not a calendar you see every day! Makes sucha proud statement. I'm going to take down my current calendar at the end of the month and put this one up. i'm too lazy to write in the stuff from this month to the new calaendar. LOL
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #43
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkocher19
I got a cloth wipe from a local WAHM, some samples of detergent, wipe solution, etc. and I won a one-size diaper cover (a Green Bees, I think, but there isn't a name on the diaper). It's a little cheapy but it's a color I don't have (orange) so you never know when it'll come in handy! They did give away some great prizes, though. And it really was a lot of fun!
Did you go to the Pearland location?

Wait, was your daughter wearing the same outfit as in your icon?

Last edited by themamageek; 04-22-2012 at 01:48 PM.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #44
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschillo
25 participants was the minimum...we just made it!
I am super glad we made the cut off. I was hoping we had the 25. Thanks for sponsoring/hosting this. I am so glad we went.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I went to the Pittsburgh one and we got cloth totes with a half size bag of detergent, a sample of cjs butter, and a 10% off coupon for the Happy Baby Company. There was a free candy buffet, Starbucks, and cake samples. There was also a huge raffle, but they didn't draw any of the prizes there...not sure why. I wish they had done it there and had door prizes, etc.

It was cool to be around so many cloth diapering families! Loved the store as well.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
I went to the Pittsburgh one and we got cloth totes with a half size bag of detergent, a sample of cjs butter, and a 10% off coupon for the Happy Baby Company. There was a free candy buffet, Starbucks, and cake samples. There was also a huge raffle, but they didn't draw any of the prizes there...not sure why. I wish they had done it there and had door prizes, etc.

It was cool to be around so many cloth diapering families! Loved the store as well.
I was at the Pittsburgh one too! We drove up from Morgantown...with my 10 week old DD and my SO.

We were ah, probably the youngest couple their. SO is about 130 soaking wet hahaha. My LO has crazy Einstein hair and she was in our maya ring sling. we changed into a Miss Kitty softbums

Wasn't the raffle if you brought food items for the food drive? Since we're in a hotel (for my work) I didn't have any canned goods available wish I could have participated.
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #47
mamaNMH
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmama View Post
I'm in Chicago. Our event was only 12 babies so we won't count towards the Guinness record, I guess. But we made an effort. WE even recruited two disposable diaper users to participate

I'm in the suburbs and definitely would have signed up but I didn't really know about it until too late. I don't even know of any local CD stores Terrible, I know. I figured no one really CDed in our area so I do my buying and research online. I'll have to check around for some local places!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #48
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaNMH

I'm in the suburbs and definitely would have signed up but I didn't really know about it until too late. I don't even know of any local CD stores Terrible, I know. I figured no one really CDed in our area so I do my buying and research online. I'll have to check around for some local places!
I'm in the south suburbs and there is a couple great cloth diaper stores out here!
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #49
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

I went to the St. Louis Cotton Babies store. Each participant got a free 4.0 diaper w/ $25 purchase (our choice of color, EVERYONE was picking Albert). I thought that was generous. There was free food and coffee, and lots of nice Mama's. They also had lots of things on sale (Blueberry diapers were 40% off, GroVia 10%, Bummis 20%, etc.) In my swag bag, I got a Sigg water bottle and an extra lid, a funky pair of socks, some detergent samples, and a little toy. They had a couple of drawings for other prizes, but I didn't win anything. I'm happy with my free diaper and a morning out with my baby!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #50
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I'm happy with my swag bag but jealous of some of the loot you ladies got! We got a few detergent samples, some Little Noses samples (with an expired coupon, lol) and a bunch of brochures. There *were* some samples of baby lotion and a pen that is now my favorite pen ever, all in a Babysteals reusable bag.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote