Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Blood in urine? anyone else experienced?

Blood in my urine this morning, but none in my panties, no pain, contractions, burning, nothing. I'm 30 weeks pregnant. My doctor advised me to wait and see if it happens again.

Has this ever happened to anyone else before? What did it end up being, if anything? The only time I've ever had blood in my urine was when I had a really nasty UTI and believe me there was no way I was going to not notice that pain.

I had a sour stomach yesterday after dinner and got some pretty mighty kicks to the cervix but I don't see how either would = blood in urine only.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
Blood in my urine this morning, but none in my panties, no pain, contractions, burning, nothing. I'm 30 weeks pregnant. My doctor advised me to wait and see if it happens again.

Has this ever happened to anyone else before? What did it end up being, if anything? The only time I've ever had blood in my urine was when I had a really nasty UTI and believe me there was no way I was going to not notice that pain.

I had a sour stomach yesterday after dinner and got some pretty mighty kicks to the cervix but I don't see how either would = blood in urine only.

I had this with my 1st pregnancy on & off from about 30 weeks. My midwife never could find the cause. I had to do a 24hr urine collection almost weekly and my midwife just monitored me closely. I was also unable to pee one day for 6+ hrs, in terrible pain, and ended up needing catheterized to drain my bladder and was given medication for a spastic bladder. Unfortunately there aren't many tests/medications that are considered worth the risk during pregnancy so you may not find answers until you deliver After giving birth, I had more tests done by a urologist (even though I no longer was having symptoms) and it was determined that my right kidney only functions at about 47%. It's been 2 yrs and I haven't had any issues again at all but I just found out I'm expecting again so I'm nervous about it now.

Definitely keep an eye on it and don't wait as long as I did if you're unable to pee!!! It's EXTREMELY painful-worse than labor contractions for me! Best of luck mama!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yikes! That sounds awfully painful! Thanks for responding.

I haven't had any blood since so I'm hoping it was just some weird, random fluke.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Re: Blood in urine? anyone else experienced?

I have had blood in my urine this pregnancy however mine started after I was in a car accident. Basically they say blood in your urine is from the kidney or urinary tract. The problems I have had they said was a 50/50 chance were from the accident. They really limit the number of test they can do because of pregnancy. The urologist sent me in for an ultrasound of my kidneys but while I was there I ended up in horrible pain. I was in so much pain I was vomitting in the ultrasound room and they sent me to the ER where over several hours I was given 4 doses of morphine. Still they found no infection or kidney stones. We have kind of hit a road block since there aren't any other test they will do right now.

I hope yours doesn't end up being kidney stones or anything of that sort. Just make sure and keep up with your doctor if you start experiencing pain. Kidney problems can cause you to go into labor early. The pain can get so bad that you can't hold fluids then you can be dehydrated. Either the stress of pain, dehydration or both I started having contractions and the baby had to be monitored.

Good Luck and take care of yourself!