Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
natalee_ava
Registered Users
seller

Do you think this looks like a yeast rash? *pics*

My little guy has had this thigh irritation for a little while now and I am trying to figure out what it is. I originally thought he was having serging sensitivities so I started using T&T dipes and the problem seemed to improve but wasn't resolved. Then I thought it could be detergent build-up which caused irritation when the dipe was wet. So I did a big tub strip with dawn, followed by a bunch of washer rinses and a bleach cycle. Again, things seemed to get better but then the irritation came back again. I couldn't figure out what the issue was b/c, while it was all angry looking after bath, by the morning it looked much better. I have been using coconut oil on it whenever it looked angry too.
Poor guy has been grabbing and pulling at his legs and boy bits and I naively thought that was just a normal male thing.
So DS is now in sposies while I re-bleach all his dipes and treat the irritation with lotromin. I hope this is the issue. I didn't ask the ped about it yet b/c it was never consistently red. But last night it just looked too angry to ignore anymore.
If you got this far, thanks for reading! Any opinions on the pics? They are pics of his inner thighs.

Advertisement

Last edited by natalee_ava; 04-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
natalee_ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you think this looks like a yeast rash? *pics*

Yes.

CJ's Butter Plus works really well. I ordered some from Kissed By The Moon on Thursday and it arrived yesterday, and DDs rash is already cleared up. It looked just like that.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
natalee_ava
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! Looks like KBTM is out of that formula right now. I may have to look around and see if someone else has it in stock.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
juliemarie80
Registered Users
seller

Cjs didn't work for me at all :/ my little guy has had a yeast rash the past few days. Sounds gross but I used my yeast infection stuff on him yesterday and it was gone today
juliemarie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Grapefruit Seed Extract, diluted in water and sprayed on works amazingly well. I battled a horrible case of thrush on my nipples when dd was a newbie, and this gave the most relief and helped clear it up really quickly. It doesn't burn at all. I did 10 drops to a 1/4c of water.
L J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
TLSinNC
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes looks like yeast! My daughter had terrible yeast rashes. Cream (yes, for feet) is an anti fungal and cleared it up within hours.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
TLSinNC
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sorry, that should say lotrimin cream
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm no expert, i honestly can't tell for sure from your pictures, but dd had something that looked sort of like that and I thought it was yeast, but it didn't respond to anti-fungals, but would go away and come back with the large number of things I tried putting on it. I
finally took her in to the ped b/c I just couldn't solve it and he said it was not yeast, it was eczema.
If it's more raw-ish skin, it's probably yeast, if it's more dry, it might be eczema.
Oh, and hers in at the skin fold of her butt/leg, which is why I suspected yeast in the beginning. But eczema often appears in skin folds as well. The ped gave us a stronger steroid cream; we just started using it yesterday.
And strangely, it only showed up after she potty trained, which was why the yeast thing didn't make sense. It is probably b/c she no longer has a diaper holding in moisture on her skin.
Good luck figuring it out. If it is yeast, be sure to treat for a while after it clears up...I think a week or two? It seems excessive but it can come back.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

That's really an odd place for a yeast rash. It looks a lot like(and is located where) my son who couldn't do serged diaps' irritaion from the diapers. Perhaps it started as an irritation from the diapers and yeast grew in the raw skin.

Regardless, if it's yeast I agree with both the quotes below for how to zap yeast in a hurry without a trim to the pedi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Grapefruit Seed Extract, diluted in water and sprayed on works amazingly well. I battled a horrible case of thrush on my nipples when dd was a newbie, and this gave the most relief and helped clear it up really quickly. It doesn't burn at all. I did 10 drops to a 1/4c of water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSinNC View Post
Yes looks like yeast! My daughter had terrible yeast rashes. [Lotrimin] Cream (yes, for feet) is an anti fungal and cleared it up within hours.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if it isnt helping, call the Dr to get you a Rx of Nystatin cream, and after you apply it, put some A&D over it... when DS had yeast, he was in a sposie until the meds were done and yeast was gone. Nystain works fast