View Poll Results: Would you resell a deal at a profit?
Yes! 51 60.71%
Maybe, if the profit was big enough 13 15.48%
No, but I don't judge 11 13.10%
No, it's wrong and I judge people who do 4 4.76%
Other (Explain) 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #21
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Be honest...are you a diaper Capitalist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarai* View Post
If I give away something, I hope the other person passes it on for free, unless we agree otherwise I try to remember to put on all my lottos "please pass on if you can't use". I have given away the item, with the hope that the item will be used/enjoyed by someone who otherwise could not purchase it. I almost always even pay for postage.

I understand I have no right to complain about others decisions, reselling at a high value is not "wrong". But those great deals can be so hard to come by, and another struggling family could have really used that item. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. On the other hand, people willing to pay jacked up prices for some silly print (like the $200 Gastly Goodmama, or whatever it was) probably don't need the deal anyway, so I don't feel too sorry that they are not getting a break.

I shop a lot at the Goodwill Bins, where items are sold by the pound. I buy cheap nice toddler clothes to give away at the non-profit agency I work with. There are several aggressive people that almost live there, that obviously try to snatch up anything with a resale value they can. When ever a new bin comes in, they spread out, scope it out, and snatch up the nicer things, in about a second, knocking me out of the way if they have to. The people there that are just down on their luck, looking for needed household things do not act like this.
Minus pushing you out of the way and stuff...how do you know that? What if they are trying to bring money in any way they can?

For example, when the xbox 360 came out, it was selling for x amount in stores but selling for y amount on eBay due to demand. Some people were seriously judging the sellers but you know, if you need that extra $100 to pay rent, you're going to make money however you can. If you're wanting to be legal and moral (reselling is not immoral), then you're limited to what you can do.

Advertisement

themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't judge anyone for stuff like this.

I've never bought an expensive diaper to sell for profit, though. The most I've ever gotten for an individual diaper I've sold is like $17, before PP fees and shipping costs.

And once you sell or give away a diaper, obviously that's not your item anymore and you have no say so as to what happens to it after that. If I give a diaper to someone for absolutely nothing and they turn around to sell it, oh well. That's just the way I look at it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #23
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would probably never buy something for cheap and sell it for more, but I have sold new diapers that I've gotten for free (like from a giveaway or Kelly's Clost coupon) that I can't use and I don't see anything wrong with that myself.
I'm Andrea- Special Needs CDing, Extended Harnessing, Homeschooling, NON-circumcising, SAHM to my beautiful little red headed princess Mylee Memphis (02/19/08) and my extra special Autistic little man Maverick Machai (11/30/09) and wife to Dustin since 05/12/07. We love our M&M babies!!!
mandmsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I FFS things that I have gotten for free.

When I sell I try to sell for a deal. I don't consider as much what I paid for it as what the current retail is. But I wouldn't intentionally buy something to sell at a higher price. People who do this on eBay do irk me (thinking of Gymboree clothes specifically).

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
I don't care what people do with what they own, if they can sell something and make a profit more power to them! I don't see why diapers are different from any other product we could make money on.

ETA: I should say that if I got something FFS, I would pass it on for the same.

Last edited by ajbailey89; 04-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
If you got a *screaming* deal on a HTF diaper, would you resell it for a profit? What if it was a gift (or free to you somehow)? Would it matter how much profit? If not, do you judge others who do resell for profit?
Yes, and I do it. Quite frequently in fact. I would never profit off a gift though. That's just rude.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would never buy a diaper JUST to re-sell it for profit. I would never re-sell for more than a paid if I got it used from a mama, either. I have, however, bought goodmamas new, used them, and re-sold them for more than I paid when the print was HTF. If I bought used then resold for more I'd just feel like I ripped that mama off a little. JMO.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Nope! I buy cheap-o diapers to begin with! Nothing to capitalize on there!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwelton View Post
I've gotten a free diaper with an order before that I sold because I wouldn't use it.
This - like a free XXX diaper when you spend XX at different shops.

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a capitalist at heart regardless of what it is.

As for free things, I have a hard time accepting things for free (unless it is a free with purchase item). I would never accept something from someone for free unless I was truly in need for the item. At this time in my life, I am not in need. I think of free items as charity and a person shouldn't profit off of something meant as a charitable contribution.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote