Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation 35 weeks and...Should I be concerned?

(Sorry if TMI )

So I'm about 35 weeks pregant and this is my third, so I feel like I kind of know the drill at this point but...

DH and I did the deed this morning, and now about 7 hours later I went to the bathroom for maybe the second or third time since then. But this time, there was mucous and blood on the toilet paper.

It can't possibly be the mucous plug can it? It wasn't a huge amount, I would say just your average amount of mucousy discharge that you might find on the toilet paper on a particularly discharge-y day if you know what I mean. But I'm a little concerned because it was bloody, and I've never seen that before in my pregnancies. Usually my plug comes out when my water breaks.

Does this have something to do with the fact that DH and I did the deed earlier? Or is it pregnancy related and should I call my Dr.? TIA!

Advertisement

SugarBooger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: 35 weeks and...Should I be concerned?

It could be the mucus plug but it can sometimes come out in fits and starts and does regenerate over time. It's not unusual at all to lose globs of it for several weeks running this late in the game, especially when the cervix has been stimulated. It probably means nothing.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

It could be from your cervix being iritated from DTD or it could be your mucus plug. I've lost both of mine earlier then that. My babies were born at 34 and 35 weeks and the mucas plug passed a few days before each one. At 35 weeks I wouldn't worry about it. Just take a DTD break.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! Makes sense. I feel better!
SugarBooger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Keep your eye on things. I had bloody show at 35 weeks 4 days, and it ended up being the beginning of labor. I left my baby shower at 3:30, after calling my doc at 3:15 to explain what was going on. Had DD by emergency c-section (footling breech) at 6:50. I was 7 cm when I got to the hospital an hour after bloody show.

I didn't actually get checked until about 6:00... they didn't think I was really in labor.

Last edited by hbee; 04-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
I lost mine with my first pregnancy around 36-37 weeks I think. It didn't mean diddly to me. This time I haven't lost any but small bits and I'm 2cm.. so I'm guessing I probably won't lose a glob of it this time..
Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would watch things. I had the same thing at 36 weeks, and my water broke at 36 1/2 weeks. I was not dialating, and failed the fern test. Sent me home and 3 days later was back in for losing water. Still nothing they sent me home again, and was back in the next day. I was just 37 weeks when DD was born on as little water as possible (as dry a birth as they get). I will caution to trust your gut.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

ddc, but I always lost my mucous plug weeks before going into labor. I wouldn't worry too much, but keep and eye on things! If you have any more blood tinged mucous, or any back pain/contractions, call your ob! Preterm labor can feel differently than regular labor, so just be aware! Good luck!