Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone else dislike CDing a newbie?

We used newborn prefolds, flats and covers. New time we have a baby I guess I'll try to find some sort of cotton AIO, or maybe some GMD fitteds, but really nothing really fits right at first, the cord gets all stinky, and the poop always manages to get all over the cover and like almost not even touch the prefolds. *sigh*

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else dislike CDing a newbie?

I HATED prefolds with my newborn. I would have seriously went to disposables if those were my only choice I sure did love fitteds though
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
croth7
Registered Users
seller

I disliked it as well. I tried prefolds and aios. I couldn't stand the fit so I used disposables until he was big enough (10 pounds) to fit in OS diapers. I found no matter what I tried the diapers always rubbed the cord.
croth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I loved diapering a newbie. I admit that I liked the easy AIOs way more than anything else. I didn't really use the prefolds cause that was just frustrating. I instead used those as hand towels and unpaper towels. LOL
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried with both, using pockets, aio's, fitteds, covers, prefolds and really, it's all awkward. I really didn't like it and doubt I will again next time. Fitteds were definitely the best of the bad, though. LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I loved cloth in the newborn days. I used tiny g pants with prefolds and prefolds with covers. Grovia shells over trifolded prefolds rocked! I had tons of covers so I didnt care about poop as long as it stayed in his diaper.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Once they hit 10 lbs they're bodies aren't so awkward and the diapers feel more proportional to the clothing. I think I'll probably use sposies until the chord falls off. Nothing like the stink of a moist chord..... yuck!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
mommyjlo
Registered Users
seller

I just started cloth on my 2 day old today and am hating prefolds and covers. They take too long to put on, and so far every cover has ended up messy and needing to be washed after one use. I am liking the pockets- FBs XS. And I think I will try an AIO tonight. Glad I'm not the only one!!!
mommyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only did bg smalls with ds in the beginning, but used sposies until his cord fell off. It was pretty easy. I thought i would go for prefolds with dd and it really was no fun. I didn't have problems with the cord or poop, but it took a lot of adjusting to get it right. I am looking at gmd fitteds and Thirsties duo aio's for the newbie; the thought of jelly rolling, snappi-ing, and covering and tucking in the middle of the night again makes me cringe.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
umajo
Registered Users
seller

XS sandys (or small for nb over 8 or 9 lbs) work really well for most baby shapes. They are side snapping so fit scrawny or chunky legs well and contain everything. I seriously could have used just one cover (with one for back up) with sandys on my nbs since nothing got on the cover (except sometimes after I opened up the diaper). You can tuck the front down if it's too close to the cord stump so it doesn't rub.