Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #41
Holly dolly
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by missgen83
I love the trimness of a sposie on a nb. I just think nb clothes are tooooo cute to have a big ol' booty ruin it. Lol. A lot of the combos I've seen look so uncomfortable to me. to each his own though!

When #2 comes, I'll prob start cding when they fit smalls. exactly. I will probably buy a few newborn fluff for pictures...but I just hate when a little on looks totally swallowed up in a diaper!! Plus my babies are around 6 lbs so even newborns would be big!!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #42
Registered Users
I started cloth with dd since day 2 and used AI2 system (greenline diapers) and AIO (Tots bits Tini Fits) I got a good fit with both but did get poop on the covers and she pooped like 10x a day so I pretty much had to use each cover once before washing anyways. I preferred AIOs for ease of changing and loved the fit. I think as she poops less I'm gonna love the AI2 just as much.
babymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #43
Registered Users
Re: Does anyone else dislike CDing a newbie?

We had diaper service with DD2 and that definitely made it easier. I would not have lasted a week if we didn't have that.
Annie, WOHM to
DD E, 7
DD L, 3 (and almost done with diapers as she is now day trained!)
Not overly crunchy but I do love my
Anniep625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #44
Registered Users
Originally Posted by jessi4jc
I love NB cding. I have super squishy organic cotton velour NB fitteds that are my favorite. I would really recommend trying fitteds (not GMD workhorses/prefitteds but true fitteds). I never understand people that recommend PFs for the NB stage. That is the least effective option for runny NB poo and PFs can't be comfortable, especially if Snappi'd. Some people do love them though.

I hope you find something that you truly love and have a better experience this time around.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs
I am all over the fitteds and wool for my newbie. I actually feel bad because she hardly wears "regular" clothes just shirts and longies everyday! I love love love it!
Mommy to Fiona 12/09 and new baby Layla 3/12 a HBAC!
umphreysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Registered Users
Re: Does anyone else dislike CDing a newbie?

We waited until the cord healed before we started cloth for both of mine. By then the fog had kind of lifted, and I was super excited to start!
Mama to K, June '07, and T, born Dec '10.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote