Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
weekly chat 4/23-4/29

Morning! Hope everyone has a great week!

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
kathygriffin86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat 4/23-4/29

Good Morning! im 36 week this week yay!!!!
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Morning! I had BH contractions all night long off to see the midwife this morning for a normal appt so I'll talk to her about it. I'm 35 weeks.

I'm afraid of having to go to the hospital to be monitored (yuck!) my 5 yr old has nowhere to go today so he would have to be with me. Also don't want bed rest! I have too much to do every day!

Final fear is that if it is PTL the midwife will have to give my care over to the OBs they have super strict rules about who the midwives can see. BMI over 30% ? That's automatically high risk and you can't see a midwife! It's so silly..

So any prayers sent my way today that these contractions go away and stay away for 3 more weeks would be great!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning! I might be nesting. We rearranged a bunch of furniture last night and organized some clothes and got the bag mostly packed. I keep thinking of things I want to add. I'm going to the dr. this afternoon for an nst, should be fun.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
kathygriffin86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so the bug hit me, im tackling my garage today for all of the stuff ive saved for years...just random crap that i cant let go of. Its funny how when your pregnant if it sits for too long its out the door! lOl. i told my husband today what my plans were in the garage and that he had to watch the girls. He hugged me and said thank you for coming to reality about the crap out there! lol...silly boy! Hope my back doesnt give me any problems.
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well dropped the kids off at school and headed o TJ Maxx. But it still doesn't open for another 40 minutes. Soooo annoyed. Why does everything not open till 9:30. WTF!! I'm annoyed already. Not gonna be good for shopping. Might just give up and head home. Ugh!!!

Ive been super emotional lately. Going from annoyed to full blown tears to happy to just wanting to sleep. I hate that I have 1 pair o pants that fit and 3 shirts. 3 flipping shirt that mostly fit. So that means I'm washing and wearing all the time. And I'm so tired of these same shirts. But I'm not paying $15-$30 for a shirt I might wear a handful of times IF I'm lucky. Maybe I should go buy some more. Take the tags off of them and plan to wear them. Maybe then ill go into labor. Ha!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Prayers for you Jaclyn! Going into labor before 37w is my big fear right now too. I hope the bh stop and all is well at your appointment.

I'm off to my appointment today too! I just had one five days ago so I feel a little silly, but they're having me come in weekly a little early to meet all the midwives. Looking forward to meeting this midwife, not looking into turning in my embarrassing food diary and getting weighed since I'm sure I've gained weight in the past 5 days....I've been eating soo much lately. Lol.

Today is dh's day off and I was hoping to spend some time outside, but it's yucky and cold so looks like that's not happening. Hope everyone has a great day!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh see I hit 34-35 weeks and I'm done. So at 36w4d I'm beyond ready!!

And I think the weight thing is adding to my emotionalness lately!! With ODS he was born early and I only gained 12 lbs. with my second I gained like 16-18 lbs but had her before I saw he scale say 140. It's was at 139 the week before I had her. Then with number 3 I saw it get to 139 again and I had him before it hit 140 again. This on ok. I knew I would hit 140 cause I started out bigger. But last appt I was expecting to hit 150. And I was still early enough deliver wasnt tat close. So I guess I didn't wanna see it but I was more ok with it. But it said 149. I was happy. Well here we are a week later. I have an appt tomorrow.... And I'm not gonna have a ababy before that appt tomorrow at 1:20. So I'm gonna see that stupid scale say 150. Ok. Not a huge deal but I've gained 25 lbs this time. Really! With any of my other ones I've not gained 20 lbs. now I'm over 20 lbs AND gonna see that scale say over 150!! Not happy about that. That's adding to the emotional thing too. Dunno why I'm letting it bother me the much but I am.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Midwife said that I'm Not dilated at all so just lots of rest and call if BH contrax don't let up with rest and lots of water. She did the GBS test today and i go for a growth Ultrasound next week. I thought GBS was at 36 weeks?? Not that it matters I just wasn't prepared for it! Lol my son was with me and I planned to have my mom watch him for the GBS test but I was no big deal he said in the hall playing on the iPad then got a lollipop
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky5306
I thought GBS was at 36 weeks?? Not that it matters I just wasn't prepared for it! Lol my son was with me and I planned to have my mom watch him for the GBS test but I was no big deal he said in the hall playing on the iPad then got a lollipop
My OB said lots of docs do it at 35 or 36 weeks, but she likes to wait until 37. She said it's only a reliable predictor of GBS status at birth if done within 4 weeks of delivery. So if you actually go to your EDD or a little past, she is still confident that a 37 week GBS result is an accurate predictor of your status at delivery. For a mama who is tested at 35-36 and goes to her EDD or past, my OB would feel obligated to retest, and that's a hassle for the mama that she tries to avoid.

I'm not confident that even a 37 week test will be still accurate at 40 weeks, but I asked anyway, and that's the answer I got.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote