Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #181
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

I am HUGE. I gained 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks, and for the first time in 9 months, it looks like it all went to my belly! I keep forgetting how big my belly is and trying to squeeze into places where I don't fit. Like I tried to squeeze around my buggy in the grocery store to get to the register, and it totally didn't work. So embarrassing.

Advertisement

magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #182
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat 4/23-4/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa View Post
I am HUGE. I gained 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks, and for the first time in 9 months, it looks like it all went to my belly! I keep forgetting how big my belly is and trying to squeeze into places where I don't fit. Like I tried to squeeze around my buggy in the grocery store to get to the register, and it totally didn't work. So embarrassing.
lol! I forget when i want to scoot up to the table..and bump my belly button

I am also grumpy and have no patience..and my kids pick up on it and are acting wild just to get a rise of me i think

DS2 has a fever today also and is super cranky (it's like 102 so i know he's uncomfortable, i did medicate but only do so typically if they seem uncomfortable). Prob from an allergy flair up since we picked strawberries yesterday. I just hope it's nothing more or i'll be hoping to NOT go into labor so not to expose a newby to something
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #183
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm feeling really huge as well. I've hit the point where I hate to go out in public because of how ridiculous I think I look. I'm tired of all the points and stares - even the nice comments I'm tired of. I just wish people would ignore the fact that I'm pregnant right now.

I'm also SUPER TIRED, like way, way more tired than I have been in a long time. Not fun when I feel like I need to get a bunch of stuff done.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #184
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatango View Post
Do you have your actual labs? Normal is NOT normal. Their definition of normal made me suffer for YEARS. You can treat with iodine, but not if your antibodies are raised at all because you'll tank your production. You need all of those tests. Try going to www.stopthethyroidmadness.com and reading a little. What is your normal morning temp? Thyroid meds are totally okay during nursing.

Before I literally started treating myself with meds from overseas, my TSH was 90 and no one seemed to care. Because I had undiagnosed autoimmune thyroid disease, my TSH changed day to day, it's useless.

If you have your numbers, pm me and we can talk about it. I don't recommend this for any other condition, at all, but you can get ahold of meds If you need them, and some labs will draw blood without a doctor's order. If you have to make the choice between feeling like crap and not, I know what I would do.

*This is all my opinion, I am not a doctor, just an educated medical "consumer."

Sent from my iPhone, auto-correct be darned!
thanks Jess I will defiinitely check into this. i don't have my labs but I have heard exactly what you are talking about that normal isn't really normal. I think I will give myself a couple weeks to see if things improve and if they don't I will call in rather than waiting for the 6 week. Would I be better seeing my OB about this, my regular doctor or some other doctor?

Hang in there ladies....this is the home stretch!!

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #185
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been super tired myself! Like take a nap everyday kind..which is frustrating since I want to get so much done lately.

Today I mowed half our large our back yard, baked cookies, cleaned house, entertained friends for lunch and afternoon, re-cleaned house and did laundry..productive day..I'm wiped...only a few contractions though..so frustrating to be sitting at 5 1/2cm's and a bulging bag like a ticking time bomb..

Sad the week is about to start up again..boo.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #186
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410

lol! I forget when i want to scoot up to the table..and bump my belly button
Lol! I do that when I try to scoot my office chair closer to my desk. I also can't reach the bottom of my washer. I think it's a combination of being short AND fat... I can't get up high enough on my toes to scoot my belly over the top of the washer!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #187
Jatango
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You're better off seeing whoever will draw the labs you need. Maybe call your OB and ask if he'll draw the labs so you can go over them at your next appointment. Then at the lab, sign a release and go pick up the results before the appointment. You need to know yourself what your numbers are. If the OB won't do it, I'd call your family doc and ask.

I would personally not wait, but that's because I know how bad I felt before and how great I feel now.

Good luck, mama. I'm thinking of you, in the most non-creepy way possible. P

Sent from my iPhone, auto-correct be darned!

Jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #188
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

I have been getting stuck in all kinds of places because I forget about my belly. Most often is behind someone's chair. That's always embarassing. Tonight while cooking dinner I leaned over the oven and burned my belly on the oven door because I forgot how big it was (my stomach, not the oven). Lol.

So, I just wrote my birth plan and now I'm freaking out. I just don't know how I'm going to handle something so intense, and I'm hoping I do ok. I am so scared that I will want to wuss out and transfer to the hospital for an epidural. I would be so mad at myself for that.
I can do this, right?!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #189
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes..yes you can! It's very doable!