Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Re: weekly chat 4/23-4/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingkristin View Post
Well dropped the kids off at school and headed o TJ Maxx. But it still doesn't open for another 40 minutes. Soooo annoyed. Why does everything not open till 9:30. WTF!! I'm annoyed already. Not gonna be good for shopping. Might just give up and head home. Ugh!!!

Ive been super emotional lately. Going from annoyed to full blown tears to happy to just wanting to sleep. I hate that I have 1 pair o pants that fit and 3 shirts. 3 flipping shirt that mostly fit. So that means I'm washing and wearing all the time. And I'm so tired of these same shirts. But I'm not paying $15-$30 for a shirt I might wear a handful of times IF I'm lucky. Maybe I should go buy some more. Take the tags off of them and plan to wear them. Maybe then ill go into labor. Ha!
I worked at TJM in college, and opening at 9:30 was .5 hour before any other store in the mall, back then in summer months most places opened at 10 am.

I hear you about the clothes. I have two pairs of pants that fit, and one is a super flare leg too long pair. Shirts, I'm a little better on since I got a box of maternity from a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingkristin View Post
Oh see I hit 34-35 weeks and I'm done. So at 36w4d I'm beyond ready!!

And I think the weight thing is adding to my emotionalness lately!! With ODS he was born early and I only gained 12 lbs. with my second I gained like 16-18 lbs but had her before I saw he scale say 140. It's was at 139 the week before I had her. Then with number 3 I saw it get to 139 again and I had him before it hit 140 again. This on ok. I knew I would hit 140 cause I started out bigger. But last appt I was expecting to hit 150. And I was still early enough deliver wasnt tat close. So I guess I didn't wanna see it but I was more ok with it. But it said 149. I was happy. Well here we are a week later. I have an appt tomorrow.... And I'm not gonna have a ababy before that appt tomorrow at 1:20. So I'm gonna see that stupid scale say 150. Ok. Not a huge deal but I've gained 25 lbs this time. Really! With any of my other ones I've not gained 20 lbs. now I'm over 20 lbs AND gonna see that scale say over 150!! Not happy about that. That's adding to the emotional thing too. Dunno why I'm letting it bother me the much but I am.
I'm sort of bummed about the weight gain as well. I am nearly 10 pounds more than when I delivered DD. I wish they wouldn't tell me, but every time, the nurse says what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky5306 View Post
Midwife said that I'm Not dilated at all so just lots of rest and call if BH contrax don't let up with rest and lots of water. She did the GBS test today and i go for a growth Ultrasound next week. I thought GBS was at 36 weeks?? Not that it matters I just wasn't prepared for it! Lol my son was with me and I planned to have my mom watch him for the GBS test but I was no big deal he said in the hall playing on the iPad then got a lollipop
I had DD w/ me at my GBS, the dr. asked her to come up to the head of the exam table and give me some of her snack mix to avoid having to watch that and the cervical check. She's only 2.5, though.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathygriffin86
so the bug hit me, im tackling my garage today for all of the stuff ive saved for years...just random crap that i cant let go of. Its funny how when your pregnant if it sits for too long its out the door! lOl. i told my husband today what my plans were in the garage and that he had to watch the girls. He hugged me and said thank you for coming to reality about the crap out there! lol...silly boy! Hope my back doesnt give me any problems.
"Its funny how when your pregnant if it sits for too long its out the door!" Haha! Yep! I feel ya on this! I'm usually SO sentimental, but I've gotten rid of LOTS of stuff this pregnancy. Yay!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Went to the Aquarium with the husband and Asher. Walked an hour, now all I have are nasty cramps and low back cramps..hurts so bad I just wanna sit.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very crampy today, but not many actual contractions. Oh well..I give up on it happening today. Never thought I'd make it to almost 38 weeks.

The emotions are very high right now. There is just soo much happening right now. Our rental house renters moved out and we can't find anyone yet to get in there and that means we've paid 2 months without any profit and we can't afford to carry it another month, so there is that stress of trying to get someone in it quick, or having to deal with a foreclosure...all while waiting for Baby Boy who we thought would be here by now. Add to that DH is working lots and I'm just becoming needy and missing him, and the kids are picking up on my lack of patience with them...crummy Mom these days.

House got completely cleaned yesterday, so today its just maintaining..thankfully.

Lost more weight this week, despite my calorie uppage. I feel bad, and hope Baby Boy isn't going to suffer...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
mom22boysand1girl
Registered Users
seller

I too lost weight this last week. I lost 6lbs. How does that happen?????
Kristen- I only have 2 shirts that are long enough to cover my ever expanding stomach now. I just wear my skirts under my stomach but for shirts I have 2 options. I wash everyday. I refuse to buy more for just 3 more days.
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All I have to say today is... my back pain is connected to my, Hip pain, my Hip pain is connected to my, Pelvic pain, and my Pelvic pain is connected to my hoohaa pain.

And all of that is connected to my emotional upheaval and cranky mom status. Come OUT baby Judah! My dh's boss is on vacation all week, and I really really want to have him now so that my dh will relax and not be stressed about what's going on at work. It's always much better when his boss is gone Plus he's supposed to be speaking in church next Sunday, that is one of those obligations that unless I'm actually HAVING The baby he'll have to go anyway. I really don't want to be left home alone with a tiny newbie and all 3 big kids for 8 hrs.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22boysand1girl
I too lost weight this last week. I lost 6lbs. How does that happen?????
I read that it could be amniotic fluid decreasing naturally?
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Wow..cramps are actually doing something..cervix has moved down low..and is almost 3cm.. sweet..
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff
All I have to say today is... my back pain is connected to my, Hip pain, my Hip pain is connected to my, Pelvic pain, and my Pelvic pain is connected to my hoohaa pain.
LOL! I hear ya! Singing that same song here. I feel like my pubic bone is just going to crack in half at any moment. And the pressure in my bottom is just relentless! I am hoping the baby plans to make an appearance soon...

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalynaa View Post
My OB said lots of docs do it at 35 or 36 weeks, but she likes to wait until 37. She said it's only a reliable predictor of GBS status at birth if done within 4 weeks of delivery. So if you actually go to your EDD or a little past, she is still confident that a 37 week GBS result is an accurate predictor of your status at delivery. For a mama who is tested at 35-36 and goes to her EDD or past, my OB would feel obligated to retest, and that's a hassle for the mama that she tries to avoid.

I'm not confident that even a 37 week test will be still accurate at 40 weeks, but I asked anyway, and that's the answer I got.

yep, my friend had one done at 36 weeks and was negative, and she was positive at birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff View Post
and so true!