Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: West Virgina *miff*... slight rant.

Can't go the extra 20 min to VA or MD for a DR because the state insurance won't cover it... this is my dilemma. Sub-standard care, or no care (which would not be horrible) with a risk of losing my kids because the people in charge don't like the way I parent. I might easily make the drive over and have the baby there at a friend's house, if issues arise, but I'd rather just stay home either way. I'm sorry this all seems so confusing. I'm still trying to sort it all out.

Advertisement

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well that stinks! What a frustrating situation! I'm sorry that you are having to figure it out. You still have a ways to go, but I'm sure like me, you want it nailed down now. Hope you can figure out something that will work well for you.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, I'm feeling more hopeful. not for any partricular reason, but I made the appt with the CNM and we'll see how it goes. appt on the 2nd.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's crazy that they do c-sections for any heart rate drop! I mean, I can understand it if there is serious concern for the baby's health but I think it's a little paranoid to be so one-sided like that.

DDs heartrate went down and they were concerned and mentioned the possibility of c-section but only if it didn't get better, which it did, thank goodness.

I hope you like your new CNM. Keep us posted!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

I would just play 'their' game and go to the doctor necessary and keep your information very minimal. Only talk about what is absolutely necessary and don't offer your opinion about things. And then, do and keep doing what you believe. A passive aggressive approach? It stinks but sometimes you have to just do what is necessary.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my only question is are they gonna ask me to get any shots? Will they get upset if I don't want to do the blood glucose testing (I don't eat artificial colors, and I have low tolerance for fasting).

I'm gonna be as accommodating to them as I can be without doing anything I think will harm me or the baby and hopefully ti will all work. Trust in the universe to keep us happy.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeaton View Post
I would just play 'their' game and go to the doctor necessary and keep your information very minimal. Only talk about what is absolutely necessary and don't offer your opinion about things. And then, do and keep doing what you believe. A passive aggressive approach? It stinks but sometimes you have to just do what is necessary.
and could you possibly have an oops delivery at home....baby came so fast that you could not make it to the hospital
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
and could you possibly have an oops delivery at home....baby came so fast that you could not make it to the hospital
LOL

I was going to suggest that if you felt all was well enough with this pregnancy.

And then for prental care as others mentioned.....just only answer what is directly asked.

I'm from WV....Charleston, and there were several CNM's there that were pretty level headed folks. Even with medicaid they were fine with delayed vaccines....as long as they would get them eventually.

Many people don't realize that providers of medicaid that see children are audited and get penalized if they are not exceeding a certain % of children fully vaccinated.....so they are doing what they must to protect their jobs and families.....I'm one of those providers....and my kids were vaccinated on a delayed type schedule (we had private ins.).

I hope you find a local CNM that can help you. Good Luck!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

I would recommend bringing a letter to the hospital stating you don't want any vaccines for your newborn at the hospital. There are websites online that can give you sample letters. I did this with my daughter as FL is a VERY vaccine happy state, and all went well and we avoided that Hep B and Vit K shot.

I don't think skipping the glucose test would be a problem. Just politely decline. They will reccomend it, as they have to for liability reasons, but I would be surprised if they gave you an issue about it.

Last edited by zaeaton; 04-26-2012 at 07:08 PM.
zaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageac View Post
Yeah, my only question is are they gonna ask me to get any shots? Will they get upset if I don't want to do the blood glucose testing (I don't eat artificial colors, and I have low tolerance for fasting).

I'm gonna be as accommodating to them as I can be without doing anything I think will harm me or the baby and hopefully ti will all work. Trust in the universe to keep us happy.
I started out my first pregnancy with a Midwife in an OB practice. I eat very healthy foods, limit my processed sugar intake, and have never been overweight. I informed her that I was considering refusing the glucose testing. She told me that was fine with her, but she would insist that they prick my finger to test my blood sugar on every appointment if I did refuse. She was part of a practice that is known for it's high c-scetion rate. (Part of the reason, I found another midwife at 32 weeks)!

Just be strong. You can refuse any medical procedures! It is your right.

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote