Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

first time preggo gifts

My best friend is pregnant with her first. I really want to send her a gift for HER (not the babe yet). Any ideas?

She is 7 weeks now. She is super tired and sick and not at all excited. I am so jealous and would take all that first trimester pain happily to be pregnant. I would really like to give her something to distract her from the neg and give her something to be excited about!

I know she will be excited again and has every right to complain. If nothing else i am going to be excited for her until she feels better! Sooo, gift ideas for a new mommy to be?

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: first time preggo gifts

If you want to give a gift right now, maybe provide some help around the house, heck even after the baby is born that would be wonderful. Otherwise, already made healthy meals for when the baby is born, or even find out what she can eat and provide that. Or you could get a gift certificate to a prenatal massage as well.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Preggie pops, sea bands, ginger candy, and other sickness stuff for her. Plus maybe some mama pampering products.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

PREGGY POPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
spring13
Registered Users
seller

preggy pops is a good idea if she's sick - maybe make a cute basket with those, some ginger tea, and saltines

other ideas:
A basket with some yummy body products
A gift certificate to a maternity clothing store, or for a prenatal massage
If she's tired and doesn't want to do things, picking up groceries or making dinner (or a meal out, if she's up to it)
A Snoogle or belly wedge pillow
spring13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

My good friend mailed me a "mommy's pregnancy survivor kit" she put a variety of things in it: saltines, assortment of decaf hot tea, Starbucks instant decaf coffee, tums, milano cookies, a mcdonalds giftcard(i had big mac cravingss a few times, and i hadnt eaten one since childhood which i disliked) That's all I remember off hand though, but I really loved the thought she put into it.

Last edited by champatlife; 04-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I watched my friend at work last summer walking her pregnant self around in old navy flip flops everyday... it hurt ME to see that... so I got her a pair of crocs athens flips and she LOVED them!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife
My good friend mailed me a "mommy's pregnancy survivor kit" she put a variety of things in it: saltines, assortment of decaf hot tea, Starbucks instant decaf coffee, tums, milano cookies, a mcdonalds giftcard(i had big mac cravingss a few times, and i hadnt eaten one since childhood which i disliked) That's all I remember off hand though, but I really loved the thought she put into it.
Great! I think i will do this and use a lot of the ideas mentioned. I would love to bring her over dinner and help out, but I unfortunately live 13 hours away.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
My best friend is pregnant with her first. I really want to send her a gift for HER (not the babe yet). Any ideas?

She is 7 weeks now. She is super tired and sick and not at all excited. I am so jealous and would take all that first trimester pain happily to be pregnant. I would really like to give her something to distract her from the neg and give her something to be excited about!
So glad you asked, and all the the responses! My best friend is also pregnant and is 9 weeks now. We're about one trimester apart. I'm so excited to be pregnant with our firsts together, but sad that we're not 'together.' She lives 12 hours away. I would love to do something nice for her to help her through the yucky first trimester. I love the idea of the Pregnancy Survival Kit!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

You could also include a pregnancy journal, pampering items (bubble bath, nice lotions, pretty toenail polish, ect.), chocolates, massage gift card or oils, a belly band.