Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Low iron?

I usually get up in the mornings feeling okay. By 10-11am I start to feel pretty crappy (lightheaded, a little dizzy, blah feeling). So today I tried something. At around 10am I had oatmeal (20% daily iron). Around 11:30am, I had broccoli alfredo (8% daily iron), and at around 1:30pm I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (4% daily iron). It's 3:00 and not only do I have energy, I FEEL good. I think it's safe to say that the iron is the problem. I've also been drinking plenty of water.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like low blood sugar to me more than iron.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beauties View Post
Yes this. Iron takes weeks to absorb and raise levels, not hours

Dehydration could have been part Of it too
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beauties View Post
But the episode that I had the other day was literally 10 minutes after I ate. If it was low blood sugar, wouldn't I have symptoms BEFORE I eat?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
I had low blood sugar problems, and it would hit between 1-2 after a meal..
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I also read in a few places that women can have signs of shock with a miscarriage, that include dizziness, fear, etc. So I am also thinking that it might be that. I haven't had any remarkable dizziness since Saturday, so I'm thinking the worst of it is over. I was supposed to go to my doctor's appointment today, and I didn't, for my own personal reasons.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
I also read in a few places that women can have signs of shock with a miscarriage, that include dizziness, fear, etc. So I am also thinking that it might be that. I haven't had any remarkable dizziness since Saturday, so I'm thinking the worst of it is over. I was supposed to go to my doctor's appointment today, and I didn't, for my own personal reasons.
After all your concerns?? Perhaps you should go, I mean, you are obviously suffering from something, maybe getting checked out couldn't hurt?? hugs honey.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
After all your concerns?? Perhaps you should go, I mean, you are obviously suffering from something, maybe getting checked out couldn't hurt?? hugs honey.
I already called them, and they said the only thing the doctor ordered is an hcg check. I asked for iron, and she said I would have to come in for another appointment for that. The doctor wasn't even going to see me today.

When you call for an appointment, you have to let them know what you are coming in for, so that's what they order. I was only going to get my blood drawn today. I figure if this continues, I can call and make a same day appointment. For now, it wouldn't do any good to go anyway.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #19
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I also kind of feel like I know my body well enough to know if something were really wrong. I think most of it is anxiety, more than anything. When I relax, and don't stress about all of it, I seem to do just fine.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
I also kind of feel like I know my body well enough to know if something were really wrong. I think most of it is anxiety, more than anything. When I relax, and don't stress about all of it, I seem to do just fine.
As long as you are sure. A loss takes a hard toll on us. More emotionally than physically. And the emotionally stuff can feel physical. it took me over a year to fully process my 10 week loss. I wasn't able to start ttc right away and I think that was good in some way because I have a certain peace about it. I know I fully and completely grieved and recovered.

Take time for yourself and rest when you can!