Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
LindsayVal*RN*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby dropping?

I can still feel baby bum at the top also. Had an ultrasound yesterday to verify position (he has been transverse and I thought I was going to have to have a c-section instead of vbac but he has miracuously turned head down yah) But the tech told me he just looks super long. He has definitely dropped though. Dr. could feel the head when she checked me. I feel like I have a bowling ball btw my legs and my bladder is killing me when I walk. My belly also looks completely different. I am 35 weeks

Advertisement

LindsayVal*RN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

I feel like the baby has dropped, but we'll see what the midwife has to say when she comes over tomorrow. I have been having major pressure on my bottom the past 2 days and I feel like the kicks have moved. When I went to put on my pants this morning they wouldn't FIT! My maternity pants cannot fit and I had to roll down the panel underneath my belly, which is super low looking suddenly. This is my 3rd baby. I remember the first dropping about 2 weeks before birth. With my second I don't remember her dropping so I don't know when it happened. I've heard after your first pregnancy they don't drop until labor. So maybe it's all just in my head! I'm 39 weeks.

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
I actually can feel the hardness of his head if I check the position of my cervix.
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247mom View Post
I feel him very low, it sends shooting pains down the upper parts of my thighs when I walk sometimes.
yes this too!

IT's weird...i don't remember feeling the baby drop with my others...well, maybe my first..i think i remember her feeling lower...but this time, yeah, it was like overnight the baby decided to engage and the next morning i could feel a difference. I'm not sure if there is a visual difference, but i can feel it in my hips and also when i sit my lap is now sitting on my thighs..and it wasn't before.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i've never heard that about not dropping after the first. interesting! i wonder though, if feeling the "drop" doesn't have to do with positioning of the baby more than anything? i absolutely remember ds dropping, he was riding sooo high the entire pregnancy and about 2 weeks? ish? before he was born, he definitely dropped. it woke me up out of a deep sleep and as i took a huge, involuntary, deep breath. my first in literally a couple months. and my belly looked totally different and lower afterwards too. i even had a couple close friends comment on it without me even telling them what i'd felt the night before. so i know it looked lower.

this one, has been riding low the entire pregnancy. i haven't checked my cervix, but i bet i could feel her head too if i did (totally going to try that now!). based on where the midwife has said her head is, she's been head down, deep in my pelvis for like the last month already. even if she was my first, i doubt i would feel a drop. if she dropped any lower she'd fall out!
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol yep this one and my last I carried so low. My 2nd one I remember her dropping and being so high in my chest before that. With my 3rd and this one they have been so low the whole time. I'm pretty sure I could feel a head if i could get there to feel it. I have a hard enough time just reaching around the belly to wipe!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
hezdwoody
Registered Users

I am 38 weeks this baby has definitly dropped. This is my third pregnancy and neither of the first two dropped until I was in labor. We have however had some early labor that had me up till 4am when I was about 36 weeks. I think that labor actually did some work pushing this little one down. My midwife just let me know that means the baby has a shorter distance to travel when the time comes! It has me hopeful for a faster labor than I had with my other two....keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

I had an ultrasound last week and baby's head was down but floating out of my pelvis. Yesterday I had another ultrasound and baby was no longer floating above my pelvis, but engaged. They had a hard time getting head measurments because she was so low. I do feel like I have more breathing room.
~Michelle
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERUBUMS
I had an ultrasound last week and baby's head was down but floating out of my pelvis. Yesterday I had another ultrasound and baby was no longer floating above my pelvis, but engaged. They had a hard time getting head measurments because she was so low. I do feel like I have more breathing room.
~Michelle
Lucky! LOL yesterday the midwife asked how I was able to still breathe since baby seems to be in my lungs! Gee thanks for the reminder! I'm 35 weeks 3day (ish?) I can't breathe! :/
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #19
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD dropped at 33 weeks and she still hasn't come. She goes up and down depending on her mood. It doesn't mean a thing, like prodromal labor, loosing the plug, etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Yep Levi within 3 hours went from -2 station, then floating at -4(nurse said she could push his head away), then after an hour or so of walking he went back to -2..ugh