Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
babsg00
Registered Users

My Mood:
do any of you use fleece or wool during the day on a newborn?

I want to use wool during the day but, since we are on the go a lot of the day (I have older kids too) I'm worried that sitting in the car seat or strapped to Mommy in the baby carrier will cause the diapers to leak. I'm using either KL0s of Little Boppers underneath. Also, how do wool covers fit over fitted diapers fit underneath baby clothes and finally, how many covers do you have in rotation?

I currently have too few PUL covers and only one fleece cover...I held off ordering woollll because I wanted to wait to find out if baby was a boy or girl...(it was a boy)....and now I'm second guessing myself.

Advertisement

babsg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: do any of you use fleece or wool during the day on a newborn?

Since my son turned 8 days he has been in a PUL cover a maximum total of 3 hours. The rest of the time he has been in wool. As a nb in a sling I had compression leaks only when he was in an upright position and facing me. To solve that problem just make sure to change often. I also found the wraps prevented compression leaks better than knit. How well his diapers + wool fit under clothes depends on how big baby is and how fitted the clothing is. My sons diapers fit fine under his clothes until he got too chubby. His little legs and feet got so chubby at 10 months old we put 3-5t socks on him to prevent them from digging into his legs. Needless to say his clothing didn't fit over his diapers. (I'm not so sure they would have fit over his butt even if he had been naked)That was when we discovered upcycled wool.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 04-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you use wool as part of an outfit (longies or shorties), you don't have to worry about wool fitting under clothes. Or you could always size up on the pants, to fit over the wool cover.

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
babsg00
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Since my son turned 8 days he has been in a PUL cover a maximum total of 3 hours. The rest of the time he has been in wool. As a nb in a sling I had compression leaks only when he was in an upright position and facing me. To solve that problem just make sure to change often. I also found the wraps prevented compression leaks better than knit. How well his diapers + wool fit under clothes depends on how big baby is and how fitted the clothing is. My sons diapers fit fine under his clothes until he got too chubby. His little legs and feet got so chubby at 10 months old we put 3-5t socks on him to prevent them from digging into his legs. Needless to say his clothing didn't fit over his diapers. (I'm not so sure they would have fit over his butt even if he had been naked)That was when we discovered upcycled wool.
I have the Beco Butterfly so, maybe I just need to be cautious when I use it :/ Thanks...sounds like a big baby...the chunky phase...right before they start walking is my fav!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
AshleyNoelle
Registered Users

My Mood:

We only use fleece covers and rarely get compression leaks from car seats as long as I change every 2.5 hours or so.
AshleyNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
babsg00
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNoelle View Post
We only use fleece covers and rarely get compression leaks from car seats as long as I change every 2.5 hours or so.
thanks, which fleece covers do you use?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNoelle View Post
Compression leaks occur when the diaper gets soggy/soaked; as long as it's only damp on the outside of the diaper, compression leaks through the fleece most likely won't happen. I've been using fleece covers, almost exclusively, since my son was about 3-4 months old. He's 35 months now!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
momofairforcebrats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're 90 % wool 10% fleece And have been since she was born. New baby will be 100% wool for a few months as I'd never put fleece on a baby in August lol. Wool is cooler.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
AshleyNoelle
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsg00 View Post
thanks, which fleece covers do you use?
All mine are mama made. I've made some from arctic fleece, windpro, and some out of regular fleece.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
AshleyNoelle
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ohhh and the one time we had a compression leak due to a carseat was after my MIL gave my son an entire cup of tea and let him drink it all. He was due for a diaper change right before she gave it to him and we were on our way home. So it totally wouldn't have happened under normal circumstances!