Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Name change - is my class action settlement invalid?

After a marriage name change can I still participate in a class action lawsuit that requires proof of ID with my old name?

15 years ago I had a computer. Now I've got a claim number for a class action settlement that would entitle me to $400 towards computer stuff because the original (long gone) computer was sold with the potential to corrupt data.

The claim form is really easy and strait forward. In fact the only thing I need to submit besides my claim number is a copy of government issued photo ID. But it says the name must be the name on the e-mail I (my parents actually) received.

I'm not 15 anymore, so I went and got married and had a name change. My name does not match their records. The only contact info is for a phone number that reads off all the FAQ on the website, no live person to talk to.

I have a passport from right before I got married so we could go to Mexico on the honeymoon. Then a few weeks later I was issued a new one with the new name. Should I just submit copies of both? Should I Just send the old one? Any other ideas?

Advertisement

mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes just shoe them your court order or marriage license
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Name change - is my class action settlement invalid?

You should be able to submit a copy of your ID with your new name and a copy of your marriage license.
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote