Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
NSquared
Registered Users

My Mood:
Safety 1st Comfort Air 65

I think I have settled on this car seat for my 8.5 month old, but can someone tell me the difference between the Comfort Air 65 and Comfort Air 65 LX. I can't find the LX in a store anywhere.

Advertisement

NSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Safety 1st Comfort Air 65

I have the CA 65LX, i believe the only difference is that it has a recline feature that gives you three recline settings to be used RF'ing. IME it makes it easier to install RF'ing. It still is a PITB to install in captain's chairs, not so bad in a regular bench seat.
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
NSquared
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah'sMama View Post
I have the CA 65LX, i believe the only difference is that it has a recline feature that gives you three recline settings to be used RF'ing. IME it makes it easier to install RF'ing. It still is a PITB to install in captain's chairs, not so bad in a regular bench seat.
We have an SUV right now, but I am trying to talk DH into a minivan. He has to give up his illusions that he is still a stud Did you buy your CA 65LX locally or did you have to order it online? I am so worried I won't like it or have issue installing and then I won't be able to easily return it. We do have a safety 1st alpha omega elite now which we hate and this seat will be replacing it so I don't think this new seat will be an issue, but you never know.
NSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah it's not my favorite seat, I wish I had gotten a TFP instead. I know I'll like it more when I eventually FF Eli. For rf'ing it takes up a lot of front to back room. Also i always have to use a towel to install it, even with the recline feature.
I have never seen the lx model in stores, I got mine for approx $200 from amazon.
The pros are definitely the SIP, comfy padding for LO, lots of legroom, super tall shell and high weight limit. If you can get a good install and don't have move it a lot it's a great seat.
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSquared View Post
I think I have settled on this car seat for my 8.5 month old, but can someone tell me the difference between the Comfort Air 65 and Comfort Air 65 LX. I can't find the LX in a store anywhere.
You mean the Safety First Complete Air, right? I bought mine from Walmart.com, but I only got it there because they had the SE model on sale for $150 at the time. There are some places that have free shipping and free return shipping, in case it doesn't work out for you. I think diapers.com is one of them and they sometimes have coupon codes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah'sMama View Post
I have the Complete Air 65 SE, which has the same recline feature as the LX (the only difference is the SE has a different cover that isn't available on the LX versions). According to my manual, you can only use the most reclined setting while RFing, so you might want to check that to make sure you have a proper install.
Mine is on the most reclined setting and then I used a rolled towel to install it. I have it more upright than the angle indicator specifies.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I have a regular Complete Air 65 and it was a little harder than some seats to install but not horrible it took me about 10 minutes
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have a complete air and a two true fits. I like the CA but I LOVE the true fits.

If you are installing on a flat bench the CA will I stall quite quickly and easily. If you are installing in a bucket seat, especially a contoured bucket seat, be prepared to battle. My old van had heavily contoured buckets and it was borderline a no go for that seat. My new can has lightly contoured seats and while it is less of a battle it is still a battle. The True Fit installs in both vans in a snap. My Husband's pickup has a flat bench in the back and the CA goes in quick and easy as does the TF.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love love love my CA65 for my older kids. Maybe it's more of a PITB for little ones? We used it RFing for my 3yo until recently and FFing for my 5yo and it installs in my VUE in a snap. I have another one sitting in my garage NIB for when the baby is out of the bucket!
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

If you hate the Alpha Omega, then I would probably not get a Comfort Air. They are quite similar (same manufacturer and similar design). Falling in love with a car seat online is sort of like falling in love with a pair of jeans online. It's just impossible to know how much you'll actually like it until you've tried it in person. If you have a Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby (or another baby store) nearby, go ahead and try seats. If you like a regular Complete Air then you'll like the LX, and if you don't like the regular ones, you probably won't like the LX.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
If you hate the Alpha Omega, then I would probably not get a Comfort Air. They are quite similar (same manufacturer and similar design). Falling in love with a car seat online is sort of like falling in love with a pair of jeans online. It's just impossible to know how much you'll actually like it until you've tried it in person.
I completely agree with this. I REALLY wanted to like the Complete Air, and when I tried it in person, I really liked my TrueFit better.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote