Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

Opening a CD Store in Mandeville/Covington

I am considering opening a store on the Northshore that would carry cloth diapers, WAHM products, Breastfeeding accessories and babywearing products.
I am wondering if you think there is enough interest in the area to support a small store.
I have been cloth diapering my little one for over a year, since birth, so I think I have enough experience to help customers with choices. I feel like the local store lacks variety and knowledge on cloth diapers.
Do you think the Northshore can support a small diaper store? Would you shop with me? How many of you buy new diapers vs. used diapers?

Advertisement

Kelly3139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We're moving to Mandeville in the spring! I would come see ya! I'm wondering if there are very many that cd around there? I may pm you about the area! I usually buy used or BG seconds.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

Re: Opening a CD Store in Mandeville/Covington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayer79 View Post
We're moving to Mandeville in the spring! I would come see ya! I'm wondering if there are very many that cd around there? I may pm you about the area! I usually buy used or BG seconds.
Thanks for the response! I am also wondering how large the CD community is here. I have not run into anyone who does it and there are two local stores that carry a very small selection of CD's and neither store has any knowledge on the diapers they just sell them. So as a newbie when I was having issues I just wanted to talk with someone in person and get some idea's. I just keep thinking if I can open a store in a popular foot traffic area I may be able to convert or interest new parents. I am just wondering if this area can support it. I would be glad for you to PM me any questions I am from here so I know most everything there is to know about the area and schools.

Kelly
Kelly3139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which stores carry supplies? We were there this week house hunting and I couldn't find any stores that had anything. I'm really hoping there other moms in Mandeville that choose more natural parenting choices like I do. We'll be officially there at the end of May. I can't wait! It's gorgeous there!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

There is only one store on the Northshore that carries CD supplies, Bosom Babies. The owner is super nice but knows nothing about CD and has an extremely small selection. I often take a trip to New Orleans and go to Zukababy which is an awesome natural parenting store. Their website is http://www.zukababy.com/ and they ship free in Louisiana.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
Mandevillemom
Registered Users

I would love this
Mandevillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
momofbeachboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd definitely visit when in town visiting family! Did you decide to open??
momofbeachboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
KDutsch
Registered Users

Wink Re: Opening a CD Store in Mandeville/Covington

This post nearly made me pass out!!! Omg yes. Im in the hammond area but moving back to Covington in June. Also looking for a CDing and babywearing group in the cover area.
KDutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

Well lets see. Now I have been CD'ing for 3 years straight and I have met 5 other ladies that CD in this area. I don't know of any babywearing groups or Natural parenting around here. I am still trying to convince my husband that a store would be awesome, but I just don't know if I want to work that much. I just feel like the Northshore is in need a of place for more natural minded parents to meet, hang-out, and shop. If you are on facebook there is a Southeast Louisiana Babywearing page although they don't do local meetings for us, it is still nice to see some other regional babywearing ladies!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #10
LunaBabies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Luna Babies opened in Gulfport. They have a huge selection of CD's and offer a ton of mommy groups and CBE classes.
LunaBabies is offline   Reply With Quote