Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sex after miscarriage.

Well, we DTD lastnight. It wasn't painful... physically anyway. I couldn't really get into it, because the whole time, I kept realizing that I just had a baby in there a week ago. And then the thought kept going through my head of getting pregnant again, and going through all of it again... ugh. I'm sure all of this will pass sooner or later, but for now... I could go awhile without DTD again. :/ Poor hubby.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We never waited, just went w/ what my body wanted. I did not do any medical visits after my miscarriage either.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
brookglen
Registered Users

Yeah, I wish I had not let the doctors take control of my mc. My body took care it, but they just kept calling me in for bloodwork, ultrasounds and dr. consults. I kept thinking, there surely must be some woman who is ACTUALLY pregnant who needs your attention more than I. Anyway, we aren't waiting either. I figure my body will get pregnant when it's ready.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

DH kept asking me the entire time, "Are you okay?" I kept wanting to say, "NO, I'm not okay!" but I wanted to be with my husband. There's something about DH's (I'm sure most of you know) that makes you feel so safe, and secure. But lastnight I just wanted to throw a fit and cry like a baby. When it was over, I got up and watched TV. Had trouble sleeping. I am just so torn about all of this. I want another baby, but I am SO afraid to get pregnant again, for fear of having another miscarriage. In some ways, I just don't even want to have sex anymore, because I know that I can't get pregnant if I don't have sex. In other ways, I just want to let it all go, and be care free, and let whatever happens, happen. Day by day... minute by minute... one step at a time, and lots of prayer. It's all I can do right now.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Thank you guys so much for your support. It makes you feel better talking to people about all of this, but at the same time, talking to people that have NO idea what it's like doesn't help as much as it could. So being here, and talking to you guys (some of you who have actually gone through it) makes it a lot easier to deal with and talk about. So thanks, again.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Give yourself time mama-- it hasn't been long at all. When I had my miscarriage I felt the same way about DTD, and for a couple of months I was adamant that I did not want to try again, I was done having babies.
On the third month I suddenly did a 180 and was dying to try again. We got pregnant with DS that month. Let yourself grieve, you won't feel like this forever.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote