Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #111
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope. We are with you. I may have responded before.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #112
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
If this is where my kids want to live, they'll need to go to college. I don't want my boys to end up in a manual labor job that destroys them to the point that by the time they want to retire, they're on the verge of broken into oblivion.

That's exactly why I went back to school this year. It's either college, or a factory. And I can't do a factory for the next 40yrs and make it out alive.

Life experience is great, so is college and work force experience. I want my boys to experience it all. And I'll back their decisions unless they're idiotic (i.e. you won't be living in my basement until you're 40 playing video games). I don't care if they want an obscure degree with rare jobs. If that's their dream, go for it. Happiness is priceless, and I want them to be happy. If being a manager at McD's makes them feel fulfilled, I'll proudly brag about my son the McD's manager. But I want them to be realistic in their path to happiness. If college is part of that, then I'll push it. If not, I will at least suggest some community college classes for the experience and educational points.

I hope my kids want to get as far away from this town as possible. It's a trap for ruin, and it's hard to escape. If I can get us out before they're grown, I will. And that would give them more options. So here's to hoping their lives are easier^^

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #113
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: am I the only parent that doesn't care if their kid(s) goes to college?

Zombie thread