Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday!!!

She woke up, had a little food, a nibble of apple, a quick wee in the toilet, and went back to bed. She was just awake for a couple of minutes but Shannon and Derry got to see her.

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the name. That's perfect.

Yeah, it's just going to be a rough month. Bottom line is she does not adjust to change well, and there is and will be a lot of change in the next month. This is precisely why I didn't want to switch them to the new schools until next year. She will have enough trouble adjusting in the fall as it is. I'm just getting REALLY REALLY tired of repeating myself over and over do not do X or someone will get hurt, they (and usually she) does it anyway, someone gets hurt and wonders why I am irritated it happened. Literally many many times a day. Oddly though she is the only one that does chores the first time asked, and I've been trying to reward her for that. It's the running down stairs, knocking people over, touching things that don't belong to her (dangerous construction materials, etc) that is driving me insane.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I love the name. That's perfect.

Yeah, it's just going to be a rough month. Bottom line is she does not adjust to change well, and there is and will be a lot of change in the next month. This is precisely why I didn't want to switch them to the new schools until next year. She will have enough trouble adjusting in the fall as it is. I'm just getting REALLY REALLY tired of repeating myself over and over do not do X or someone will get hurt, they (and usually she) does it anyway, someone gets hurt and wonders why I am irritated it happened. Literally many many times a day. Oddly though she is the only one that does chores the first time asked, and I've been trying to reward her for that. It's the running down stairs, knocking people over, touching things that don't belong to her (dangerous construction materials, etc) that is driving me insane.
Thanks, we thought so too and thankfully I came up with it. So it's not going to end up being a thing of one of the girls named it and they start lording it over the others. They've started doing that. Not fun.

She was tested for ADHD right? It just seems to me that her impulse control is low and maybe she could get some help with that. I know my Derry has no impulse control until she's had her meds. Is it possible to get her checked again? Maybe a different doctor?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #14
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Your hamster uses the toilet?!
Cheryl something is in the air. I think it is also weather change/end of school stuff. Every where I go people are telling me tales of misbehaving children and im seeing it too. Mine have mostly lost their hearing too.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
End if the year is hard. Seriously. Teachers plan for the craziness knowing kids will go off the deepend this time of year.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Janine, Daisy is so cute! My sister and I had hamsters as kids...the guy at the pet shop assured my mom they were both girls, but we found out otherwise when one of them gave birth to a litter a few months after we got them.

Cheryl, on feeling worn out and frustrated, it's so hard to maintain emotional equilibrium when your kids are struggling like that. S has a really hard time with transition too, and even though I know it's going to happen I still find myself struggling to remember that he's not just being horrible for no reason. That's one of the main reasons we decided not to go home at all this year. Even though our families are a bit disappointed I just couldn't stomach the thought of months of upheaval on top of the jet lag and long flights.

I need to go get my crazy monkeys up from nap time/quiet time, but it's so peaceful right now. All I can hear is the fountain and the birds outside.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We made that same decision Heidi. I just got frustrated that we seem to be the ones that ALWAYS go home.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is why we skipped Christmas this year. But then a lot of people came here. I realize that there are more people there that want to see us, but for us dh's vacation time is really limited and we have other things we want to do. Plus financially it costs a lot to move 5 people, 2 dogs and all of their belongings across 3 states. So unless they want to pool their gas money to get us we are being a bit more selfish.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine, that is brilliant. If we ever get a pet I will be sure it has a name before the kids meet him/her.

Heidi, after Ian was born we pretty much put the kibosh on all travel, everyone had to come see us. Seriously travelling ANYWHERE with three under 5 is a nightmare, much less cross-country. Good for you.

And yes it is largely an end of year thing like Jen said. It's worse for Ginger because of the moving, and that I keep changing the schedule on her. And that this is the time of year they do IEPs for the kids who need accommodations, which mean the teachers have to sit in all these meeting during school hours so there are a lot of substitute teachers - further disrupting routine and such. She just has an enormous amount of change to process and just can't. Rosie is struggling too but she keeps herself out of the principal's office. She just throws her tantrums at home instead.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And Ian has one red eye. Fantastic.