Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would like one day with nothing going on that I could just buckle down and get my house/freezer/fridge in order. It is in shambles, and my days are so disjointed I can't see straight to fix it.

Advertisement

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday!!!

That sucks Jess on the feeling disorganized and disjointed.

We are choosing to be selfish. I just need to not be driving 3000 miles to make other people happy this year.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #23
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I told our family that we are going to the grad stuff but other than that hanging out with friends. I am so sick of going all that way and just making small talk and eating grilled hot dogs. When I get to civilization I need to eat amazing food and have interesting conversations with my friends. I get way too much of the small talk hot dog life in Wyoming
And I guess if I wasn't constantly exhausted I could get my house fixed. I have needed a nap daily all week. Like so tired my eyes are crossed.
So today we will run errands before library where we are meeting Curious George and then I will come home and do laundry, make the beef and barley soup and organize the freezer. What do you ladies do that have a deep freeze ans fridge freezer? What goes where?

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #24
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I put all meat in deep freeze and try to keep things I use often like waffles little frozen things in freezer. Right now my deep freeze has beef and bread lol but it is full
Old 04-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awww, look at the cute hamster! Daisy is sweet, Janine! Have fun with her.

Sorry that Ginger is having a rough time. I hope E doesn't lose his mind and act nuts while I am gone.

Travel. Well... we are doing far too much of it this year. But as long as the car doesn't fall apart while we are in the US, we will be fine!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #26
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

I told him to buy food.....he brought home two rolls of pork (that in an elastic tube so it keeps it's shape when it's cooking. A cheaper meat but it's yummy), a pack of pork steaks and 2 packs of diced pork....I guess I'm cooking again

WFD: Crock pot pork, steamed carrots and broccoli, yellow rice, and a creamy garlic & mushroom sauce.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #27
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sounds yummy Janine!

I am doing housework, as we are having some people over for supper tonight as a going away supper.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
I would like one day with nothing going on that I could just buckle down and get my house/freezer/fridge in order. It is in shambles, and my days are so disjointed I can't see straight to fix it.
this is my life everyday right now. it sucks. I skipped Ian's swimming lessons so we could go to the store and I can catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
What do you ladies do that have a deep freeze ans fridge freezer? What goes where?
I have an upright so it's a little easier. But I segregate my food in bins by type, because of my foodservice days. Veggies in one, chicken in one, beef stuff in one, pork stuff in one, stock in one, prepackaged like dumplings/ravioli/tamales in one, DH's crap in one, etc. So it looks like a big chest of drawers inside only it's food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Sorry that Ginger is having a rough time. I hope E doesn't lose his mind and act nuts while I am gone. !
I guarantee there will be some adjustment fallout. However I highly doubt E will wind up in the principal's office.

I have been to the store and procured food. I have halfway filled the trunk with stuff to go to the big house. I need to reboot laundry and dishes and finish loading the car.

Ian has thrown a fit at the store because I didn't buy bottled water (which we are out of, but I can't carry because of my stitches), thrown a fit I didn't check the mail when it doesn't come until the afternoon, thrown a fit when he went out and checked for himself it was empty, and busted his chin and bit his tongue to bleeding after rocking in a chair in front of the computer after I told him repeatedly he could get hurt if he kept it up. Sigh.

I just ate a bowl of doublestuff oreo knockoffs and am sipping a fountain diet coke. This day will get better. :zen:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I need to buy a bench with storage for shoes for the mudroom/laundry room. So is it better to get a toybox style bench, where you can't see the shoes in bins inside, or get a bench with pull out bins underneath? I was going to get a trofast one at ikea, but I won't be able to get bins in "their" colors, and there is a prettier toybox style one on sale this week at BBB. :firstworldproblems:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I say toy box style, Cheryl.

Just finished vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and cleaning the downstairs bathroom. Now I need to do dishes and then get myself ready so I can hit the grocery store.