Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

UPDATE: we've been using a bamboo/hemp insert paired with a hemp babies doubler for a couple months now with great luck. Within in the last week now she's leaking out of this within an hour or so... If I stuff with one of the 6 GMD yellows that we have, we haven't had a leak yet. Would a prefold really be more absorbent or is it just a fluke that we haven't had a leak with that combo? She is 18 lbs now and her FB smalls are starting to get short in the rise. The rise on the mediums is a fair bit too big still, so I dot want to spend too much in the in-between since she's almost out of the smalls. I plan to double up Alva bamboo inserts once she's in the mediums and have a bunch of Alva inserts waiting in her closet. I thought of just putting them in her smalls, but I have to fold the back down and with folding down two, it's more bulky than a prefold. They fit flat in the mediums. Any ideas???

We use FB perfect size stuffed with a combo insert of hemp, bamboo, and organic cotton terry. It should be bulletproof. My dd is nonstop soaking through this in the last week. Today I stuffed it with two inserts and she had still soaked through. Trim fit is important to me- any suggestions of an insert for a super soaker??? I need to make sure we aren't getting leaks. She's with a babysitter all day who is more than willing to do cloth, but if she has to keep dealing with soaked clothes, she may change her mind! HELP!

Advertisement

Last edited by yogamama28; 07-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
mkojis2
Registered Users
seller

Hey mama,
I feel your pain! My dd just recently started soaking everything. We use a m/l fuzzibunz organic insert over a large thirsties hemp insert. It works great and is still pretty trim. I don't use hemp alone because it absorbs slowly. Once fully prepped (10+ washes) the hemp inserts absorb a TON!!!
mkojis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Super soaker daughter

and this is during the day? how often is she being changed? how soon does she start leaking through the diapers?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

She goes 3 hours when I first drop her off at babysitters because she is sleeping from 7am until 9:30 or 10am. Thats why I sent her with two inserts stuffed in, knowing that's a longer stretch. The rest of the day, she gets changed at least every 2 hours. During the day she is in cloth and is leaking and we are getting some leaks at night in sposies too. I don't really care about the leaking sposies because that's at home. I just really need her to not leak in her cloth at the babysitters

Last edited by yogamama28; 04-27-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

So when does she leak? During the 3 hour stretch while sleeping or the 2 hours between changes? I have a super soaker and I have to change new often then 2 hours mostly. I have just been use to it. I can't add more absorbency to his diapers without gapping at the legs.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...I donno mama We stuff our FB's with prefolds, but I don't mind a fluffy dipe

We usually use wool over our pockets here though, ESPECIALLY at nap and nighttime...even if they don't wet, there's alway the chance they will, and I honestly don't have time to be changing and washing 4 beds every morning, and 2 beds every afternoon...so wool it is!

I am imagining it probably just is a phase, so just get through it as sanely as possible mama

p.s. And yay for a babysitter that's okay with cloth!!!!
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

I would try using hemp inserts and maybe just changing more often. That is what I do to get by with no leaks.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

She is definately leaking during the three hour stretch (when she's double stuffed) and sometimes during the 2 hour stretches. I'll play around with things this weekend. I have some yellow edge GMD prefolds that I could try.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for my super soaking DD I used to do 2 inserts mf on top to absorb fast (B/C she was a holder & flooder) & hemp under it b/c hemp can hold a lot.

I bet she has started holding & flooding. How old is your DD?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Only 3 months