Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super soaker daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
She is definately leaking during the three hour stretch (when she's double stuffed) and sometimes during the 2 hour stretches. I'll play around with things this weekend. I have some yellow edge GMD prefolds that I could try.
I would definitely try the prefolds and see how it goes.... I personally never had luck with hemp and my super soakers...but I think I"m a minority

Just tri-fold along the seam lines, and stuff the pocket...easy peasy!

Advertisement

BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If she is going down for a nap @ 7am what time are you actually putting the initial diaper on before she gets to the sitter? Is it possible there is gaping @ the legs? Is it possible during the day the dipe is not getting on tight enough?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
Only 3 months
where is it leaking? is there a good fit around the legs? are the inserts sopping wet like they are full?

my thought is that it is not absorbing fast enough & that b/c of this some is leaking out the legs.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySnickerdoodles

I would definitely try the prefolds and see how it goes.... I personally never had luck with hemp and my super soakers...but I think I"m a minority

Just tri-fold along the seam lines, and stuff the pocket...easy peasy!
I never had much luck with hemp inserts either.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt

where is it leaking? is there a good fit around the legs? are the inserts sopping wet like they are full?

my thought is that it is not absorbing fast enough & that b/c of this some is leaking out the legs.
This is my thought too , since your baby is so young and you're stuffing so much.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

My DD is 11 weeks, so almost same age as yours. She is a heavy wetter lately too. I just use a larger microfiber with a thirsties hemp insert. I prepped the inserts by boiling them for 20-30 mins, and washed twice, and boom they were super absorbent! if i feel I need a little extra (she sleeps a 8-10hr stretch at night) then I add a bamboo mini pod (softbums) and that does the trick. this has never failed me. I read once that microfiber and hemp are an unbeatable combo. her legs are just too chubby to stuff a prefold in a pocket, and a prefold by itself is soaked through way too quick. (i use the 'twist' method because she has huge thighs - not sure if there is a better way to use prefolds for a super soaker)
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy View Post
My DD is 11 weeks, so almost same age as yours. She is a heavy wetter lately too. I just use a larger microfiber with a thirsties hemp insert. I prepped the inserts by boiling them for 20-30 mins, and washed twice, and boom they were super absorbent! if i feel I need a little extra (she sleeps a 8-10hr stretch at night) then I add a bamboo mini pod (softbums) and that does the trick. this has never failed me. I read once that microfiber and hemp are an unbeatable combo. her legs are just too chubby to stuff a prefold in a pocket, and a prefold by itself is soaked through way too quick. (i use the 'twist' method because she has huge thighs - not sure if there is a better way to use prefolds for a super soaker)
Oooh, really? Hmmm...My cousin does the same thing I do...stuffing the prefolds in the pockets...and her baby has CHUBBY thighs! The problem I find most often with using just prefolds, is that it gets dripping soaked in the wet zone before the rest of it has a chance to soak up. The pocket prevents that leakage, since the PUL contains all the moisture, which means everything really does stay contained until even the last corner of the prefold has been soaked...and I love that!

But like I said, I don't mind a fluffy bum
Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl
If she is going down for a nap @ 7am what time are you actually putting the initial diaper on before she gets to the sitter? Is it possible there is gaping @ the legs? Is it possible during the day the dipe is not getting on tight enough?
I change her diaper before we leave house at 7 and she usually is asleep by 7:15 in the car. I got more info from the sitter when I picked dd up and I feel much better. She slept from when I dropped her off until 11:30! No wonder she leaked! She hadn't had her diaper changed for 4 1/2 hours! The fit is really good. Fits good at the waist and the legs are snug, but not too tight. No red marks. She's still a super soaker regardless so i ordered a bunch of hemp babies doublers to add to her pockets. Hopefully that will give us the extra boost we need. Thanks so much for all your help. I appreciate it.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySnickerdoodles View Post
Oooh, really? Hmmm...My cousin does the same thing I do...stuffing the prefolds in the pockets...and her baby has CHUBBY thighs! The problem I find most often with using just prefolds, is that it gets dripping soaked in the wet zone before the rest of it has a chance to soak up. The pocket prevents that leakage, since the PUL contains all the moisture, which means everything really does stay contained until even the last corner of the prefold has been soaked...and I love that!

But like I said, I don't mind a fluffy bum
Awwwh, I love fluffy butts too! It just seems to bother her around her thighs, her thighs are so huge several rolls end up in her diaper
She's almost 14lbs and she's only 11 weeks - she was born at 7lbs 14oz but lost a pound in the first week. So she really has gained a ridiculous amount

I think as she gets older and I can use a larger setting on her pockets, the prefolds will stuff better. They're a bit long for her rise, but when I put them on her they're a little too small. Maybe if I invested in a few of the smaller prefolds? Not sure. I'm actually about to order some of the GMD wide baby size because she's just too chubby for her OsoCozy infant size.

She has been standing (holding our hands) and she is trying to learn to walk, and I think soon she'll be burning that weight off. She will cry if she can't stand, so we have to hold her all the time with her putting weight on her feet! I've never seen a baby so desperate to walk/stand I told SO this means I need another one quick!
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy View Post
Awwwh, I love fluffy butts too! It just seems to bother her around her thighs, her thighs are so huge several rolls end up in her diaper
She's almost 14lbs and she's only 11 weeks - she was born at 7lbs 14oz but lost a pound in the first week. So she really has gained a ridiculous amount

I think as she gets older and I can use a larger setting on her pockets, the prefolds will stuff better. They're a bit long for her rise, but when I put them on her they're a little too small. Maybe if I invested in a few of the smaller prefolds? Not sure. I'm actually about to order some of the GMD wide baby size because she's just too chubby for her OsoCozy infant size.

She has been standing (holding our hands) and she is trying to learn to walk, and I think soon she'll be burning that weight off. She will cry if she can't stand, so we have to hold her all the time with her putting weight on her feet! I've never seen a baby so desperate to walk/stand I told SO this means I need another one quick!
Hahaha...LOVE IT! My oldest was wanting to stand up quick too, and he never stopped moving so he burned off his baby chubs pretty quick

I think I stuffed the osocozy infant prefolds into my small FB's when she was a newbie...and then used yellow edge GMD's to stuff when she got a little older...and now she is a size medium, and we do have about 7 pockets that get stuffed with the brown-edge GMD's