Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Skin issues

I have the worst acne right now. Like I don't like to go out in public awful

And the rest of my face has a nice light red rash all over. Lovely, just lovely.

ANy suggestion besides a paper bag?

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

I had the worst acne my last pregnancy.. Like my brother asked me if I had a rash I tried all sorts of stuff that didn't work. Until, I tried Mary Kay time wise. I'm a total cheapskate and only tried it because I went to a friends party (hate those) but anyway it helped clear it up and now with this pregnancy only a few itty bitty breakouts. If you can afford try the travel size before investing in a bunch. And I don't sell the stuff so you know I'm not just trying to sell you something :good vibes:
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've used goats milk soap on my face the entire pregnancy. There wasn't much helping me in my first tri though. Oh my that made me long for junior high skin again.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum
Old 04-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Drink water!!

And avoid sugar. I can eat chocolate without breaking out, but candy makes my face explode.

Water intake per day for pregnancy is still 1/2 your weight in ounces and then add more for pregnancy. I was drinking a gallon a day every day and it helped a ton.

Also, wash, then witchhazel, then moisturize. The power of witchhazel is amazing.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Also witchhazel is sold at all supermarkets usually next to rubbing alcohol.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Skin issues

I had some mild-moderate acne before getting pg, so had looked up what I would be able to continue to use while pg. The only thing I could find that is specifically targeted as anti-acne and safe during pg are the Sulfur products. Now, I had been using a sulfur soap before that anyway & it works well for me...& it's relatively cheap (under $5/bar & a bar can last me a year if I'm washing once a day w/ it). Also, the Queen Helene mint mask has sulfur in it. The Bare Escentuals blemish treatment is sulfur-based. Acnomel is available at many drug stores...I'm just not sure on that one b/c there's another active ingredient that I couldn't find any info re: safety in pg. Also, there are sulfur ointments out there pretty inexpensively as well.

Most of the products do smell...I mean, duh, they're sulfur, but the smell diminishes once your face is dry. It dries my skin out a lot, but my skin was oily to begin with & I always wear moisturizer anyway.

ETA: PP reminded me of it--I also use a water/apple cider vinegar solution as a toner & that has helped a great deal.

Last edited by carriek38; 04-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote