Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #81
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
glad Mel made it

Advertisement

slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #82
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the (really big and super exciting) weekend!!!

Yes, glad!

E is down for bed. I finished watching the Scooby-Doo movie. Got an invite from the zoo to come to a members only preview of the white tigers. It's this Thursday evening. Hm. I could pick him up at the YMCA and pack a picnic supper... Makes for three late nights this week though.

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #83
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Yes, glad!

E is down for bed. I finished watching the Scooby-Doo movie. Got an invite from the zoo to come to a members only preview of the white tigers. It's this Thursday evening. Hm. I could pick him up at the YMCA and pack a picnic supper... Makes for three late nights this week though.

three late nights is nothing! that sounds so fun! I wish DD was old enough to enjoy something fun like that
although we'd never get an invite to a zoo

we are thinking of doing a camping trip this summer, but nobody in my family are campers. so not only will it be my first time camping with the babe, but first time camping in general
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #84
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, the only reason we are special enough to get an invite is that we pay for membership! Both the Daalas andFt Worth zoos are nice, if you are ever back in Arlington long enough to check one out. And no child is to young t go to the zoo! We started taking E whe he was just about 18 months. And if we had thought about it, we could have taken him the summer before that...

I think I am going to sign up.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #85
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, and camping is great fun! Jess would likely be able to give you some good insight...

Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #86
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

there's no point in me being a member of anything since i'm never in one place for very long, eh. but i will definitely check out the zoo in ft worth or dallas. i know lately that every wednesday they have admission free for parents & kids (i think it's before 4pm) my friend has a 4 year old and she had been asking me to go with her and her son but when i was there I was 9mos...lol didn't feel like checking those smells out
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #87
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Cecelia, you should look into Bountiful Baskets. IIRC you are in NE and they are there in some places now. The website is www.bountifulbaskets.org It costs 16.50 for a laundry basket full of produce that you order on Monday at 12 and pick up on Saturday. You can also get really good bread, granola, and cases of extra fruit/veggies for extra $$$ but always a good deal. This week for $16.50 I got 1 head broccoflower, 2 bunches of beets, 6 heads of brccoli, a lunch bag FULL of green beans, (I traded tomatoes for the beets otherwise I had 6) 1lb strawberries, a personal watermelon, 2 pineapples (one was extra for volunteering), a 3lb bag of apples and 7 or 8 bananas. And I split a 40lb case of oranges so paid 8.50 for 20 lbs of organic valencia oranges.
The only one in NE are about 4 hours away so that probably won't work. We'd be more into the fresh fruit than the fresh veggies - we're just not super into veggies.

Made it through my day. We had a busy streak start about 8:50 at Subway from a crowd leaving a dance recital so I didn't get to leave until about 9:30. I confirmed with the dance studio owner that they'll start registration in August, and I've liked her fanpage on Facebook already so I should be notified when that happens. Sadie would like to take dance in the fall, and if it is reasonable and convenient, Amelia might take dance as well.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #88
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Home in Gallup. All headed for bed
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #89
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes, glad!

Ohhh that's going to be totally worth it though!
Could be rough but he's a good boy and I'm sure you'll have a really good time.

Quote:
Well, the only reason we are special enough to get an invite is that we pay for membership! Both the Dallas and Ft Worth zoos are nice, if you are ever back in Arlington long enough to check one out. And no child is to young t go to the zoo! We started taking E whe he was just about 18 months. And if we had thought about it, we could have taken him the summer before that...

I think I am going to sign up.
Cami went to the zoo the first time when she was about 3-4 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy View Post
there's no point in me being a member of anything since i'm never in one place for very long, eh. but i will definitely check out the zoo in ft worth or dallas. i know lately that every wednesday they have admission free for parents & kids (i think it's before 4pm) my friend has a 4 year old and she had been asking me to go with her and her son but when i was there I was 9mos...lol didn't feel like checking those smells out
Free and fun....I'd go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Home in Gallup. All headed for bed
Sleep well all
Old 04-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #90
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

I woke up to Fynn calling for Shannon....then I heard the front door slam shut.

I got Fynn up and we opened the door to the bedroom....when I came out I could heard Daisy on her wheel....but the sound was coming from the wrong direction. The girls had taken her cage into their room. They later told me that Cami had also gotten her out of her cage.

I rescued her, put her cage back in the living room and put the things back in/on where they are meant to be too.

She snuggled down and went to sleep after all the excitement.