Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Registered Users
Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:
Re: I'm a WOHM and a WAHM, is that possible?

Yep! Until April 2010 I was THE bread-winner in our family with my WOTH jobs, plus I built my home business from the ground up. Now I am privileged to be solely a WAHM and I am SO happy.

Totally! Is it crazy? No doubt! Will you crash and burn from time to time? Indeed! If you set goals, meet them, and have time to cherish your children the way you want to, though, it's totally worth it.

Meg- blessed with four living miracles & my dream guy of ten years
Always missing our Asher Joel, born to Heaven 1/29/15
Creating Essence- My Crafty and Stuff Blog
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I'm a WOHM and a WAHM, is that possible?

I am wondering how I am going to do it! I just had my darling Aurora exactly a month ago today and I am planning on staying home for my 12 weeks, but heading back to work. I have a 7p-7a 40 hours a week on call for a birthcenter job as an RN. They are wonderfully accepting of me bringing my EBF baby to work with me, however I have a hard time imagining how I will do patient care with my baby with me. I know others have done it but I cant help but wonder how they did. I also teach clinicals for the local college two days a week from 2p-10p. These days plus the 8 hours of grading the paper work brings me up to 64 hours per week. I also do some crafty things- fabric flowers, crocheting etc to bring in some extra income. To top it all off I am also back in school to get my masters in midwifery. I am praying the good Lord gives me the ability to survive this time in my life!

I totally feel called to be a midwife, so I don't think I will ever not work. But I also feel really called to be a mom and home school. I guess we will see how life unfolds!! For now just taking it one day at a time
mrsjlewis730 is offline   Reply With Quote