Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can't handle CDing since we started solids...

I've never really had that problem. I mean, I realize it's gross because it's poop but since it's my kid, it doesn't really bother me. I'm a nurse and have to wipe butts, clean oozing wounds, and deal with pukey/bloody messes on a daily basis. I get pretty grossed out at work sometimes so dunking a peanut butter diaper at home is small potatoes. DH, on the other hand, will gag occasionally!

Just trying to make you feel better that it could be worse! Hopefully it will get easier for you.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My diaper sprayer was my lifesaver at the peanut butter poop stage, which lasted from the time we started solids with ds until he pl'd. Do whatever works for you and yours mama and do it guilt free
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

I definitely "cheated" with sposies, too when the solid foods started. We had made the switch to fulltime cloth, but someone had given me a package of disposables, so I would put them on when I knew it might be time for DS to go.
But....over a couple weeks I got over it. I have debated a sprayer, but keep hearing scary stories (flying poo, broken sprayer) so I just put on the rubber cleaning gloves and dunk and swish the diaper. Gross, maybe, but like someone else said, it's my little one's poo so I can handle it. Mom's jobs are so glamorous
Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just started solids recently as well, LOVING my sprayer!

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolenutt
My diaper sprayer was my lifesaver at the peanut butter poop stage, which lasted from the time we started solids with ds until he pl'd. Do whatever works for you and yours mama and do it guilt free
Ditto!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl
We just started solids recently as well, LOVING my sprayer!
Yes to this too!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
butterfly05
Registered Users

I was all excited to share my love of flushable liners until I saw you are on septic. We were on a septic with dd2 and moved when dd3 was 3 months old, to city living. I tried the fleece liners when we were on septic but with hard well water we had stink issues in all of our diapers and 3 detergents later I gave up CD altogether. With dd3 things are going really well. All that to say I feel your pain!! I even think I put a few fully poopy diapers in the washer... Ick! Lol. Wasn't there a flushable liner that was septic safe?
butterfly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin

We have a septic, so liners are a no-go for us That would make life so much easier.

I can use cloth after she's had a poo because I she usually goes a couple days before her next poo...but as we approach the 2-day mark, I get reluctant to take my chances and put her back in sposies.. haha
Are you sure? We're on septic as well and a friend (who's a licensed plumber) did all of the plumbing for our house. He says that you can use most anything with modern septics, it was the old ones that had issues. I know he and his wife personally use standard cleaners, powdered detergents, etc b/c he says it truly doesn't matter. Liners have made all the difference for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 22 month old still has non-ploppable poops and I praise the day I decided to invest in a diaper sprayer. It's made things so much easier.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Lol. I was the same way. We started solids at 12 months and I immediately started putting DS on the potty. He was poop trained by 15 months and my problems was solved
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you can't flush the liners, you could always toss them. Just keep a ziploc baggie in the area you change diapers and toss it in the trash once it's full. Actually this is what our old diaper can is used for mostly. Depending on who is home, the liners are either tossed or flushed. If tossed, they go in the diaper pail (whatever it's called by Arm & Hammer) along with poopy wipes. But I have used Ziploc bags when I was on the go and not changing in a bathroom.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote