Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can't handle CDing since we started solids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09 View Post
If you can't flush the liners, you could always toss them. Just keep a ziploc baggie in the area you change diapers and toss it in the trash once it's full. Actually this is what our old diaper can is used for mostly. Depending on who is home, the liners are either tossed or flushed. If tossed, they go in the diaper pail (whatever it's called by Arm & Hammer) along with poopy wipes. But I have used Ziploc bags when I was on the go and not changing in a bathroom.
That is what I use my Diaper Genie for. We are on septic and I throw away the liners.

I like Grovia the best of all the liners. I've used almost all the brands - but these work the best.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Are you sure your washer can't handle it if the poop isn't really solid yet? My washer has disolved and gotten rid of everything so far. My lo is 10 months right now. He has had only one ploppable poop so far. He does still go back and forth between ebf poop and peanutbutter poop depending on how much solids he has eaten.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just use a spatula to put most of the poop in the toilet, a sprayer to finish the job, and call it a day lol

I got used to the big boy poop. No biggie after a while.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #24
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
I definitely "cheated" with sposies, too when the solid foods started. We had made the switch to fulltime cloth, but someone had given me a package of disposables, so I would put them on when I knew it might be time for DS to go.
But....over a couple weeks I got over it. I have debated a sprayer, but keep hearing scary stories (flying poo, broken sprayer) so I just put on the rubber cleaning gloves and dunk and swish the diaper. Gross, maybe, but like someone else said, it's my little one's poo so I can handle it. Mom's jobs are so glamorous
I keep hearing those scary sprayer stories too...that's why I've kinda shyed away from them!
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #25
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Are you sure? We're on septic as well and a friend (who's a licensed plumber) did all of the plumbing for our house. He says that you can use most anything with modern septics, it was the old ones that had issues. I know he and his wife personally use standard cleaners, powdered detergents, etc b/c he says it truly doesn't matter. Liners have made all the difference for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hmmm.. we have a friend who's a plumber too and he said the opposite! lol. We're very careful with what we put in our septic though...
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #26
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09 View Post
If you can't flush the liners, you could always toss them. Just keep a ziploc baggie in the area you change diapers and toss it in the trash once it's full. Actually this is what our old diaper can is used for mostly. Depending on who is home, the liners are either tossed or flushed. If tossed, they go in the diaper pail (whatever it's called by Arm & Hammer) along with poopy wipes. But I have used Ziploc bags when I was on the go and not changing in a bathroom.
This is a good idea! I never thought of this before, but it makes great sense!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
That is what I use my Diaper Genie for. We are on septic and I throw away the liners.

I like Grovia the best of all the liners. I've used almost all the brands - but these work the best.
Diaper Gennie! Yes! I think I may have a new solution to my poo-phobia!

I know I'll probably get used to this stage, but right now I just want the diaper off and babe cleaned ASAP!

Thanks SO much for the recommendations so far!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #28
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

I liked EBF poop a lot more too. That transition phase is pretty gross.

MIL, on the other hand, says she always hated dealing with EBF poop...and much preferred it when they started eating solids!
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #29
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Man all this talk of sprayers. Lucky mama's. When I was CDing ODD, I had to rinse them by hand in the toilet and I had flats so it wasn't just a quick dunk. Definitely cleaned my toilet every day. Washed my hands afterwards and sanitized. I know lots of people did that before sprayers ever came out.
I use pockets and fitteds now. I turn it inside out into a U shape, and either dunk or shake and even the peanut butter stuff comes off. ODD refuses to wear cloth at 23 (almost 24) months old so her poo goes in a spozie and then gets dumped in the potty. Not sure how many spozie using mama's know this, but it does say on the side of most spozie packages to at least dump the poo in the potty if not rinse the diaper but I don't know many people that actually do that.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #30
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Are you sure your washer can't handle it if the poop isn't really solid yet? My washer has disolved and gotten rid of everything so far. My lo is 10 months right now. He has had only one ploppable poop so far. He does still go back and forth between ebf poop and peanutbutter poop depending on how much solids he has eaten.
My son was on solids for quite a few months before I had to start spraying. I just kept putting everything into the washer like I had always done, and then one day I saw poop on the sides of the washer after the first rinse cycle and that's when I started rinsing. I'm pretty lazy, so I usually just take some toilet paper and scrape what I can off with that and flush it, and let the washer do the rest.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote