Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

Lunett cup

Are they true to size? I have no idea which one to get. After pushing for 2.5 hours my labor ended in an emergency c-section so I didn't get to have vaginal birth. I am also very petite. But I have an iud and 1-2 days out of my period it is worse than postpartum. I soak through a tampon in about an hour and have to change both the tampon and pad every hour and soak through my clothes. It's bad.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
wavesofgrace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lunett cup

I would go with the larger size (size 2). The Lunette sizing pertains more to one's menstrual flow rather than childbirth history. Here is the official sizing information from the Lunette website:

"The Lunette menstrual cup model 1:
We recommend Lunette menstrual cup model 1 for women with light to moderate flow, younger women or women who have never had intercourse. The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches). The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch). The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).

The Lunette menstrual cup model 2:
Lunette menstrual cup model 2 is recommended for women who have a normal or heavier flow. The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches). The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches). The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz)."

Since you have a very heavy flow, I'd imagine that the size 2 would work for you even though you are petite and haven't had a natural childbirth (Unless you are extremely petite).

I also have a VERY heavy flow, and the size 2 works great for me! I do not have to empty it nearly as often as I've had to change a tampon!

Here's one important tip, though: On your heavy days, you probably will not make it through the night without having to empty the cup at least once. During my first time I attempted to sleep with my Lunette, I leaked terribly. :0/ Because I did not want to set an alarm and wake up in the wee hours to empty my cup, I came up with a solution: I purchased a few postpartum-sized mama cloth pads from some fantastic WAHMs (The Pampered Mama on Hyena Cart and Yurt Craft on Etsy). The pads are HUGE (12-17 inches long, depending upon the size you order), but they are super comfy and completely protect my clothes and sheets from any cup leakage. And, when my cup does leak, the pads are absorbent enough that I never feel uncomfortably wet. So, my recommendation is to invest in some postpartum mama cloth to use in conjunction with your Lunette. It's a big investment, but SO worth it--especially if you have a horribly heavy flow! I imagine that you'll never want to use a tampon or disposable pad again!

Best of luck!

wavesofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
PamPurrsDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also say size 2. I use a 2 and it really isn't that big, but it fits my cervix perfectly. The first 2 days of my flow are VERY heavy. Soaking through Ultra Super tampons in an hour. I can easily go through the night with my Lunette.

Advertising available as low as $2.08 per month. DS Mamas get FREE banner upgrade.
PamPurrsDiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would buy the 2.

I bought the 1. I had a csection, I'm small, but over 30 and fairly athletic (or when I remember). It was no bueno.

I recently replaced it with the 2 and it's much better.

Besides the 2 is much stiffer and goes in so much better. No eternal adjusting for collapsing, etc.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a Diva and the hubs put it out with the trash, not knowing what it was (UGG!) I replaced it with a Lunette and really prefer the Diva hands down. The lunette is stiff and not so comfy IMO. I know it's a matter of personal preference though

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same story here. DD was breech, so I had a c-section. I have a Lunette 2 and I find it very easy to insert. It always seals and I never have issues with popping open. However, it's too firm and I find it uncomfortable after 2 days of continual use. So I got a Meluna soft large, which is very comfortable, but it can be troublesome to insert because it doesn't always pop open.

Since you have a heavy periord, go with the larger size. You'll need the capacity. However, don't judge what size menstrual cup will fit according to your body size. Go by vagina length and cervix height. I'm 5'1", but I have a very long vagina and I've never been able to touch my cervix. The lunette 2 fits me fine, but it's too long for some people. They end up trimming the stem.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

I went ahead and ordered the size 2. Thank u ladies can't wait to try it out and leave tampons behind!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone, I'd go with the larger size. I got one on sale for my sister and it was all I could do to not try it out for myself!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote