Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #111
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are my children monsters? :( update on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post
Wow...so many responses. I did call the restuarant because I finally told DH (he sensed I was upset) and DH, normally my harshest critic, thought it was way out of line. We are regular customers and most of the staff has known us for a decade. We tip really well and give christmas presents, etc. We contacted the manager and she was really nice and apologetic. She said she had never had a complaint about us before. In fact, she said that most of the staff likes to work with us because we pick up after ourselves, the boys don't run around or get out of their chairs. I feel much better. I didn't want to get the server into trouble or make a big issue of it. But, DH and I talked and we think we are going to go to this restaurant's other location for the duration of that server's career (I can't imagine her lasting long in that line of work, because there are many MANY more offensive happenings like I said with the college kids -- who really should know better).

Incidentally, this week so far, I have met with 2 college students who vomited all over a building while attending a concert and another student who attacked EMT and nurses while being treated for alcohol overdose and I was polite and performed my job with regards to them without making them feel like monsters despite the fact that I feel like at 18-22 years old they should know better. The point is, I'm being paid to answer their legal questions and represent them if needed, not to reprimand them and make them feel like horrible people. And again, they are adults.

So, I guess my thought is, even if you don't like the stacking and counting of jelly packs, it is your (the server) job to serve my food, not critique my parenting or attack my children. If I can manage to be civil in my career (and I'm a meanie ) I think it isn't too much to ask of others in their careers.
Well said!

Advertisement

SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #112
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are my children monsters? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
You are so right. That's why two is my limit. I very much realize and am enjoying my one as it is so easy! I know with my luck, the next one would not sit still when we go out and be "that kid." My husband did the 3 kids with his first wife (ours is #4) and is like no way am I doing back to back kids again. We'll see, I never listen on those things anyway. . I can't even imagine all the gear I'd bring given what I bring now.
I think I used to bring more when it was just my son, but then I changed my mind and thought, "oh who cares, they can ride home wet. Oh, and I never said one was easy! I just think my ability to pack for three is way less than one.

Last edited by Vivhop98; 05-01-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #113
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Wow...so many responses. I did call the restuarant because I finally told DH (he sensed I was upset) and DH, normally my harshest critic, thought it was way out of line. We are regular customers and most of the staff has known us for a decade. We tip really well and give christmas presents, etc. We contacted the manager and she was really nice and apologetic. She said she had never had a complaint about us before. In fact, she said that most of the staff likes to work with us because we pick up after ourselves, the boys don't run around or get out of their chairs. I feel much better. I didn't want to get the server into trouble or make a big issue of it. But, DH and I talked and we think we are going to go to this restaurant's other location for the duration of that server's career (I can't imagine her lasting long in that line of work, because there are many MANY more offensive happenings like I said with the college kids -- who really should know better).

Incidentally, this week so far, I have met with 2 college students who vomited all over a building while attending a concert and another student who attacked EMT and nurses while being treated for alcohol overdose and I was polite and performed my job with regards to them without making them feel like monsters despite the fact that I feel like at 18-22 years old they should know better. The point is, I'm being paid to answer their legal questions and represent them if needed, not to reprimand them and make them feel like horrible people. And again, they are adults.

So, I guess my thought is, even if you don't like the stacking and counting of jelly packs, it is your (the server) job to serve my food, not critique my parenting or attack my children. If I can manage to be civil in my career (and I'm a meanie ) I think it isn't too much to ask of others in their careers.
Glad to hear you got resolution irl

I swear while reading the part about the drunkard vomiting college students I thought you were going to say that you saw them at the diner. Big sigh of relief when you got to the part about representing them.

There was no sugar packet handling at my meal tonight but I did see a beanie baby thrown from one table to another which tipped a cup over.
Your waitress would have had a field day with that group.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.

Last edited by Agla; 05-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #114
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't have left a tip for that waitress, and I would have told her if she thought it was such a shame she could take them home and use them. Some people.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #115
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are my children monsters? :( update post 110

when I was a server I wiped down all the bottles, salt and pepper shakers and even little jelly packets that were out with a clean soapy rag. So, really, what's the big deal? I can understand the sugar packets, but the creamer cups and jelly packets can be wiped down. And yes, before anyone pipes up with the fact that it takes too long, I am not saying that you need to sit there and wash every single one, just do a quick general wipe down. Gosh, you know you many older people I've seen cough in their hands and then grab for stuff? Seriously, I think the older generation never learned the cough in the elbow method. I've gotten positively green watching people cough in their hands and then hand me something. Blech!

Anyways, your kids are not monsters.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #116
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivhop98 View Post
I think I used to bring more when it was just my son, but then I changed my mind and thought, "oh who cares, they can ride home wet. Oh, and I never said one was easy! I just think my ability to pack for three is way less than one.
I'm sure after three, I'd say the same thing. The stuff that comes out of my husband is hysterical as his kids are in their 20's and he is amazed at our car seats, strollers and all the cool gear we have now. I am starting to pair down but its just far easier having it. Yesterday, we had an hour trip each way to the doctor and I had my purse/bag and the diaper bag and probably packed enough for 3-4 kids (but we did not take my car).

I think one is easy and I said it!! I figure I have two hands so that is my max. When I did nanny or foster care, I hated when I had to take 3-4 kids, especially depending on the kids but I just wasn't used to it.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #117
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolenutt View Post
LOL... and don't even get me started on the lemon tray....if anyone knew what was growing in the bottom of that thing

OP, you don't have monsters, shame on that woman for making you feel that way
When I worked at Pizza Hut in high school the servers would refill those little metal Parmesan cheese containers on each table out of the big bag. Sometimes they would refill them all when they were half empty and if it happened enough they would open it to find all the cheese on the bottom moldy.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #118
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post

There was no sugar packet handling at my meal tonight but I did see a beanie baby thrown from one table to another which tipped a cup over.
Your waitress would have had a field day with that group.
Haha, happy to hear your sugar packets were safe. the other patrons must have seen your wiggy.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #119
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Haha, happy to hear your sugar packets were safe. the other patrons must have seen your wiggy.
Yes, I'm trying to raise awareness and make a positive impact in the world with my siggy.

Forgot to say this: I don't think your mean waitress will be there very long. Like many posters have mentioned there are far worse things going on in restaurants to skeeve her out. She hould be gone soon and you could go back to the diner. Unless she hated kids and that was the real issue not the packets, then it might take her longer to leave.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote